Chapter 24: Yellow

FLIP TO THE NEXT PAGE?

YES ⬅

NO

I gathered what little courage I had to flip to the next page, the first thing I saw was a burnt picture of what appears to be my death with Aoi at the scene crying, how do I know it's my death? the title of the page is literally 'SHAY'S ETERNAL REST' I can't see my body but I can see Aoi's ugly crying face, I recall all the bitter memories with Aoi.

It's actually pretty odd, ever since I reincarnated I felt like my memories are getting a bit foggy, I can remember my family, my friends, Aoi, my college and university time but the scribbled out person?, I don't recall having a lover during my time as Shay. Well, I think they're my lover.

Thinking this was the last page of the book, I was going to close the book until I noticed another photo poking through the leather of the book, a pocket? I slipped my hand inside and pulled out a photo of the same scribbled out person at what seems to be at the hospital, they were crying judging from the fallen tears from the photo with Aoi right next to them.

I checked the leather pocket to find a note, I opened the small letter to read.

'I LOVE YOU

THAT'S WHY I WILL JOIN YOU IN YOUR JOURNEY IN HOPE THAT I WILL GET YOU TO WAKE UP

PLEASE COME BACK TO ME SHAY

FROM

---------------'

The last part was blurred out by the ink. This seems like something out of a horror movie, or some sort of romantic movie, how cliche.

It's so cliche yet, why am I crying? I look down at the note to see stray bits of tears hitting the white surface, I think I know what to do.

ARE YOU A------------------?

NO⬅ 

NO⬅

"Shay?" I quickly pocketed the note and the photo and turned to see the once shut door open, however, there was no one there, "Shay?" the deep voice repeated, I walk towards the door but just as I was about to leave I took another glimpse back at the leather book and table only to see that it disappeared into the dark.

"Shay?" I turn back to the voice but this time I meet eyes with a certain redhead, "Natsu?!" flabbergasted by his sudden appearance, "what are you doing in the storage room?" he questioned. I tilt my head in confusion, "what are talking about?" I turn back expecting to see the dark void but instead, I see shelves of brown boxes all stacked up in neat rows, "what?" I looked around the seemingly normal storage room, did I dream all of that?

To check if I was sane or not I quickly scoop out the content of my pocket expecting to see the same not and photo I saw earlier, but instead, it was a photo of a sexy guy with barely any clothes on.