What could go wrong?

I woke up in a jolt. (Jolt ha ha, you know because I was hit by a lightning bolt? I'm so puny LOl) The back of my neck tensed and my stomach dropped as I sat up, remembering how to breathe. I pressed my fingers to my temples and took another shaky breath.

I was back in my room, Valhalla room. I sat in a big king sized bed with a fluffy white comforter. To my left teal drapes were drawn, late afternoon light was streaming in. The view was just a gray void.

Everything in my room was crisp and clean, from the light gray walls, to the floor to ceiling window and the teal and blue accents.

I rolled over and swung my legs off the bed, I stood up, steadying my shaky feet. All I could think was, I just died, and I killed people.

I stumbled to the bathroom playing the explosion of the green fire in my mind over and over. I looked down into the sink, refusing to meet my reflections eye, I felt like a monster. I felt really nauseous and the pit in my stomach just sank deeper.

I washed my face and brushed out my hair. I looked down and realized I was wearing comfy gray sweatpants and a soft black tee.

I didn't feel like changing right that moment but I did know I was hungry. I was beginning to get feeling back in my legs, even though it still felt like all my nerves were fried.

As I walked to the kitchen (like a drunk person mind you) I stopped to sit under a tree. My head felt like a hundred pounds. So I sat there, trying to make my brain function by creating a single thought.

Fooood! My stomach yelled at me.

No. I thought back, staring into open space.

I was unsuccessful In getting up until I heard the knock on my door.

I groaned and wished that it would just open without me actually having to get up and move. I mean come on! just so much effort, give me a break, I had just died.

To my surprise more than anyone's the door creaked open as soon as I thought this. Unlocking magically. Now that got me up. Also the slightly scary silhouette of a girl and her axe in my doorway. That too.

As she stepped into the light, I realized It was the same girl that pulled me through the void on her flying horse. She had ditched her helmet, chain mail and glowing spear. Her shimmery green headscarf was now around her neck, letting her dark brown hair spill freely over her shoulders. Her white dress was embroidered with Viking ruins around the collar and cuffs. A dangerous axe hung from a golden belt around her waist. A set of keys jangled there as well.

She walked in and raised an eyebrow at me, seeing me sprawled out against my tree with a tired and worn out expression definitely wasn't a pretty sight that's for sure.

"How did you do that?"  She asked, taking a step closer.

I reluctantly stood up and frowned, "do what? Also, who are you?"

She uncrossed her arms and fingered the set of keys. "I didn't have to use my key to open the door, but you weren't up when you opened it... you don't have telekinesis do you?"

"I don't think so, I mean, I don't know. But at the same time there was a lot of stuff I didn't know before today." I paused letting silence spill in for a brief moment. "Who.Are.You?" I repeated.

"I'm Samirah Al-Abbas. Your Valkyrie." She replied in a bored tone. "You can call me Sam though."

Blood rushed to my head, this was Magnus's friend? The one that got me in this mess in the first place?

"YOU are the one that brought me here?!" I cried, starting to pace the foyer back and forth.

"Hey what's the big deal? There are worse places to end up after all."