I get a standing ovation. Take that Alex!

I nearly started sobbing when I discovered what "presentation of the dead" meant. I stared in absolute horror and anxiousness as the first video clip was played. The Other Einherjar was nothing short of impressive.

In a rock climbing accident she was able to save a complete stranger, jumping down on a ledge to help them up when a baby rock giant started throwing a fit. She pushed them up with one hand, the other wrangling with the pudgy rock baby. She stuck her pickaxe in its face, stopping the earthquake from its cries. Then the mom materialized to the side of the mountain and promptly flicked her off with a twitch of her sediment eyebrow. She tumbled down the canyon, the Valkyrie vision zoomed in on her mangled corpse on the rocky ground below.

Cheering erupted across the hall, meanwhile my fellow newbie looked like she was about to puke. "Well done brave Eliza Bell! Your deeds are satisfactory for your stay in Valhalla. Now for the Runepicking!" Helgi cried.

I kind of blanked out at this part but I remember a glowing tunes tone being fished from a bag and Eliza being claimed as a child of Heimdall, which really got a kick out of people.

Next was my turn to look like I was going puke. I calmed my heart rate down a bit and lifted my chin, attempting to look brave. I still felt like I was on the verge of tears, because I was not ready to see it all happen again. I shuddered, sending a slight shock wave through the tables closest to me, rattling their plates and floofing up their hair like a gust of wind.

My eyes widened at my mistake and Sam punched my shoulder, gritting her teeth in frustration.

It didn't go totally ignored, a few of the Thanes glanced at me wearily. "And now, last but not least, Taylor Johnson!" Helgi bellowed over the excited chatter.

I clenched my hands in anticipation as the video of my death flickered onto the screen.

...

Okay okay, I already warned you that I'm not going to describe this part of my story, there's no way I could do it without being a complete emotional mess. So here we have the experienced writer, Mangus Cheese to help me out.

Magnus's POV

It's not Mangus, it's Magnus rhymes with swagness. And if you know Annabeth's last name you know mine. Respect to the Chases, eye catchers of the Gods. Come on people. 

Taylor looked like a complete wreck sitting next to Sam. Her face got really pale and sat in her seat shivering. That's when I felt a weird force pass through the room, nearly spilling my drink. My eyes widened when I saw the Thanes turn around and look suspiciously at Taylor.

"That is her?" Hearth signed next to me.

I nodded.

"Not good."

"Thanks captain obvious we know already."

Hearthstone only glared at my snarky response and remained silent. Well, I mean he's always silent, but he drew himself in, thinking hard to himself instead of cussing at me in ASL.

The Valkyrie vision flickered on the screen. The hall grew silent as the warriors sat on the edge of their seats in preparation.

Surprisingly, Sam took the video in a dark house. Most battles and heroic things happened outside. The room was hard to see, so they adjusted the brightness and dimmed the lights in the feast hall.