The All father actually internviened (much to literally everyone's suprise)

The cries of anger alone made me jump... I take it back.

Not jump.

Scramble.

I scrambled like an egg on top of Halfborn's shoulders Okay! Alex told me I looked like a cat clawing up a tree. But who could blame me?

That's what I thought.

Everyone around us stood and turned toward us, weapons drawn, while the rest that were farther away grumbled and yelled every variation of "kill the Greek intruder!!" From my high vantage point on Halfborn's shoulders (Halfborn... I need to think of a nickname for him.) I was paralyzed in fear at the sheer number of weapons being drawn. All pointed at me. This dining hall was huge, the size of a Concert hall at least. And every single seat was filled with someone who wanted to kill me. Even the branches of the tree who's name I can't pronounce quivered as animals wisely decided to climb away from the madness, the giant goat running frantically around, the mead collectors desperately trying to hold up the basin and catch the milk that sprayed about as she ran.

I tore my attention away from the hectic goat and the guys with easily the worst job in Valhalla and back to the current situation. I was on top of Halfborn's shoulders for all the world to see, a hidden camera had me projected on the 360 big screen, my face shining with fear. And a healthy coat of sweat too.

"Why aren't they listening to the future telling people??" I yelled, deflecting a slash with the knife Alex had thrown me.

"We told you! Vikings don't like intruders, and it's not like they can kill you for good."

"Trash shoot??!!" Magnus asked over the yelling, Jack making anyone who came near us back up or be stabbed. I ducked as an axe sailed over my head.

"Trash shoot!" They all echoed in agreement. Sam had just started to grab me to fly away, the others hot on our tails, when a ray of hot white light flashed on Odin's throne.

I closed my eyes shut and used my hand to cover my face. My French braided hair whipped around my head.

Once the light faded the chaos instantly seized. Voices quieted, and the mass movement of all the bodies in the room stood still. Sam nearly dropped me in surprise. She slowly lowered us to the ground, my knees felt like jelly.

"Odin?" She called out nervously. We had been the closest the the throne.

"The all father." I heard multiple thanes say at once around me. I instantly wrenched my arm from her grip and started backing up, people let me pass through the crowds.

All I heard was my own heart pounding in my ears. I felt my finger tips get hot and my throat dry up. I swallowed anxiously. I didn't help.

Odin emerged from the light and grinned, his legs crossed casually as he lounged in his throne, ravens fluttering around him. His large sword propped up against the wood.

He had a barrel chest and HUGE arms that poked out through a red polo Valhalla shirt. He had close cropped gray hair and an oddly square beard that accentuated his hard and weathered face. He had a black eyepatch, while his other eye, dark blue, looked directly at me.

"Where do you think you are going daughter of Hermès?"

I froze, he knew who I was. I frantically glanced  around in search of my hall mates. I saw Magnus and Alex standing just a little too far away. I looked forward and saw the very pale and lean man now standing next to my Valkyrie.

"The all father wishes to intervene!" odin boomed, arms open as he stood. "Sorry I'm a little late, I was engulfed in a new literary masterpiece, if I do say so myself, a "how to" guide I've been writing."