Chapter 14

Avery

There are some things in life you would rather skip seeing.

Like your arch-nemesis flirting with your ex-boyfriend(albeit unsuccessfully), then making out with some kid from Bio a few hours later.

There are things just as bad, though.

Have I ever mentioned that Polly's locker is just a few doors down from mine? It's always pure torture listening to her blab on about her date to the Valentine's dance, her dress and all the other stuff. You'd think it was prom.

I'm still kind of holding out for Brian to ask me-which in unlikely since the dance was a few days away and the tickets were probably all sold out.. He'd been distant ever since he'd "kissed" me.

I hadn't brought it up, trying to act like it hadn't happened, but, well, it's easier said than done.

I sighed and leaned against my locker. I hadn't been planning on going to dance, anyhow.

The bell for the end of the day rang, shaking me out of my thoughts. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding and got up.

I had to do something. Even going to the dance stag(A/N: Alone) was better than staying home with my parents screaming at each other.

I could talk to Brian about it, maybe ask him?

Nah. I'm not going to make a fool of myself.

Well, what could I do? I wasn't very popular around here, in fact, I had barely no friends at all.

Scratch that, I have no friends at all.

The guys are all for the 'cool' girls and I'm not in that section. Basically, the only two guys I know and have been slightly friends with are Brian and Preston.

Yeah, not on the best of terms with either of them. Insert 'whale face' emoticon here(-_-).

I walked out my car with nothing left to do. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Go up to Brian and demand to know what he really wants?

Um, no.

I'm stuck.

So, I kinda threw this story under the bus, I know. But I honestly thought no one cared. Then I go online today, and I have a comment from @SeaweedBrain913 and they love my story.

So, basically, I'm overjoyed and the comment made my day. So I get my lazy butt onto My Works and finish this chapter I had lying around.

I'm really sorry it's not that good, I have a splitting headache. I can't handle too much time on the computer today.

So thank you to @SeaweedBrain913 for pushing me on.