Epilogue

Avery

Weeks passed peacefully. Preston stayed home until the doctors said he was fit for school. I visited, and brought him the homework he missed.

The day when Preston finally came back was chaos. Loaded down with papers and textbooks, he could hardly receive the hugs and welcomes that showered him.

I stayed close to his side, keeping a sharp eye out for Polly or any other admirers of Preston's. I didn't want to run into any of those crazy bimbos.

"PRESTON!"

We spun around, coming in contact with the very people I was trying to avoid. Polly and one of her henchmen, Emily, ran up to us, pushing me aside and fangirling around Preston.

I watched, irritated, as he sheepishly greeted them, trying to get away but still remaining polite.

"Oh, come on! Walk with me! Forget about the rest of the girls, you and I would be perfect together!" Polly urged him. Emily took a step back, standing beside me.

I stepped up, my anger mounting. Was this girl for real? Why couldn't she take a hint?

"I'm afraid he's with someone else. It would be wise of you to back off." I was surprised at how calm I sounded.

Polly stopped blabbering, turning to face me with a look of disgust. Preston smiled slightly, sensing my obvious jealously.

"Avery-"

"You think you're so great?" Polly smirked, putting her hands on her hips. "If you honestly think Preston likes you or that you've got a chance with him, you're wrong! He and I belong together!"

 I laughed, shocked at how silly she sounded.

Polly stared at me, along with Emily, who looked as offended as the former, and Preston, who was trying not to laugh.

Polly stomped her foot in rage. Her cheeks puffed up and I laughed harder, doubling over. I just couldn't help it!

"Hey! Don't you dare think this is over! Someday Preston will realize that I'm the obvious girl for him!" with those words, Polly stalked off, leaving me bent over, still giggling.

Emily quickly scurried after her, shooting a look back at us, then turning away.

Preston stepped in front of me. raising my chin. He kissed me, hard and long. As fireworks filled my chest, I realized there was no need to worry.

Polly was just a block in the road we could push down.

Preston and I had a bright future ahead of us.

~TIME SKIP OF TEN YEARS

Preston

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!"

I turned around in my chair to see my five year old daughter running towards me.

"Catch me!" she cried. I stretched out my arms and swung her into my lap. She giggled, her blond hair falling into her eyes.

I brushed it back, watching as Avery walked in, cradling our newborn child, John Corvette.

My mother had fangirled over our children until the day she died. My father's body had been found long ago, finally dead. We still aren't sure what his ulterior motive for coming back was.

There was some bigger news, though. It turned out he had another family waiting for him. They were nice, and it turned out we had some stepsisters and stepbrothers.

We didn't meet with them often, but my brother, Kevin, had become completely infatuated with our stepsister's friend, Victoria, so we made some exceptions.

In the end, they ended up getting married and had a family like ours. Much bigger than mine. Avery wasn't interested in lots of children. It didn't matter, though.

We were a happy family, even though we were small. Our smiles were definitely big enough for the world.

Okay!

I'm finally done and I am so glad for all the help and encouragement I got from you guys.

So, thank you!

And sorry, no sequel. :)