twenty three

"I-I'm sorry what?" I stuttered out, his statement rendering me almost completely speechless.

"We can't be seen together in public anymore," he repeated, this time more quietly as his hands squeezed mine.

I stared at him for a second before pulling my hands away from his and stepping back slightly.

"You already said that," I said, the words coming out more harshly than I anticipated.

His hurt expression alone nearly brought me to tears, but I held them back.

"The company felt that it would be better if the fans didn't know that I, or any of the guys, had found their soulmates," he explained, sighing before continuing, "thats why my birthmark was covered."

"I-I don't understand," I said, shaking my head slightly, "the restaurant, Namsan, all of our dates." I trailed off, hoping that he could explain to me what exactly was happening.

"The restaurant date was a mistake," he muttered, each word causing more pain in my heart.

"No, not like that," he said quickly, "I meant like the fan seeing us was a mistake, and Namsan, you looked like a part of the staff on the way there, and once we got to the top, the crowd was mainly older people, so no one recognized us." He explained more throughly.

I just nodded my head, feeling my eyes burn with unshed tears.

He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him and grabbed my hands again.

"This doesn't mean we can't be together, it just means we have to be careful," he said, as he wiped away a fallen tear, "the company would never force us apart, we're soulmates. They just don't want fans knowing."

"Chae and the girls, do they know about this?" I asked, brushing away the falling tears on my red cheeks.

"Yes, except for Lisa, Changbin hasn't explained the situation to her yet." He replied softly, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"So what happens if the fans find out?" I whispered, my body still shaking from the tears.

"I don't know honey, I don't know," he answered, pulling back from the hug to look at me, "but I do know that whatever happens, I will always love you, so please never forget that."

My eyes welled up with more tears, this time out of happiness, and I didn't stop them from rushing down my cheeks.

He smiled at me and cupped my face gently before wiping the tears and connecting his lips with mine.

I responded to the kiss softly, placing my hands on his chest as his found their usual spot on my hips.

I knew this was a bad idea in case we got caught, but in the moment, I didn't care.

Just as I was lacing my fingers in his hair, we were interrupted by a voice.

"Felix? Felix mate where-" we broke apart just in time to see Chan rounding the corner, "oh there you are, come on you two, we have to go."

We followed him down the hallway, Felix attempted to grab my hand, but I quickly moved it so he couldn't.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, confused at my actions.

I just shook my head and looked straight ahead at Chan's back.

The reality was that I was scared of the possibility that we could be seen now that we were leaving the safety of the long, forgotten hallway.

If we were found by fans, who knew what the company would do.

Felix tried to reassure me earlier that the company wouldn't spilt us up, but I wasn't so trusting.

Big management companies like JYP had no problem doing whatever was necessary to ensure total and complete success of their idols, even if it meant stripping them of their happiness.

The girls and I had to say our goodbyes to the boys as they all loaded in the van. My heart tugged with sadness as I realized just how serious the situation had become.

"It'll be okay you guys," Sooyoung soothed, placing a hand on mine and Lisa's backs in comfort, "you can always FaceTime them, just know that you'll probably never be able to go on dates again."

Her last sentence further tugged on my currently broken hearts.

As of now, Felix and I couldn't see each other in person.

No more dates or movie nights, and the company definitely wouldn't allow us to move in together now.

I knew I shouldn't be so sad, he was pursuing his dreams, and for those to be reached, sacrifices must be made.

I just hope our relationship isn't one of them.

• • •

I'm so sorry for the short update, but I felt it was better to leave it like this... oops.

Also, try not to feel too sad, things will get better. Maybe:)

*evil laugh*