twenty seven

"Hey Nari," he replied, looking at Felix oddly.

"What's up?" I asked awkwardly, shuffling slightly in an attempt to block Felix from his view.

"Oh you left your stethoscope at the lab," he said, handing it over to me.

"Ah thanks," I nodded my head before grabbing it from him.

An awkward silence enveloped us as Jaehyun continued to stare at Felix and I.

(A/N: kaw kaw kaw)

"So, are you gonna let me in?" He asked, smiling in anticipation.

"No," Felix spoke up behind me before slamming the door shut.

"Felix!" I chastised, looking up at him in shock.

"It needed to be done," he shrugged before walking away to help my mother with dinner.

"Who was at the door Felix?" I heard her ask him.

"A playboy trying to get with Nari," he seethed as he grabbed the pot of spaghetti.

"It was Jaehyun mom," I corrected, "my friend," I shot a look at Felix.

"Oh him? Yea I'm gonna have to agree with Felix on that one sweetie," she smiled at him before turning to look at me, "we may have the same name, but that boy is bad news." She shook her head in distaste.

"Listen to your mother Nari," Felix warned me, "also, why didn't you tell me he was actually good looking? You had me believing he was some unattractive weirdo." He half pouted half glared at me.

"Hey I never said anything about his looks, you came up with that idea all by yourself," I defended myself, sitting down at the table.

Felix joined me and sat directly across from my chair.

"Yea but seeing him just makes me more jealous," he seethed, stabbing his meatball in anger.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I asked, getting annoyed, "I don't want anything to do with him romantically, you're my soulmate, not him."

"Yea ok, sorry," he sighed, looking defeated.

The tension disappeared as quickly as it had come, my mother lightening the mood with her questions for Felix and funny comments about JYP.

They carried on like old friends, their laughter rarely stopping and their smiles permanently gracing their faces.

I ate my dinner quietly, observing their behavior and giggling once in a while at a joke my mother had cracked, or at least attempted to crack.

• • •

By the time we had finished dinner, Felix volunteered to take my plate to the sink and join my mother in washing the dishes.

Just as I was cleaning up the table and rearranging the placemats, Felix's phone dinged from the spot he had left it on the table, signaling that he had a new message.

"Hey Lix-" I started.

I cut myself off when I glanced down at the notification, realizing what exactly it said.

My stomach dropped and I swallowed thickly as I reread it again and again, subconsciously hoping it would somehow change.

1 new message from jinsoul:)

• • •

aju yikes
Je suis desole
Sorry this chapter is so short, but I really wanted to leave this on a cliffhanger, IM REALLY SORRY!!
I still love y'all though, don't worry
💜💜💜💜