Chapter 14

I'll try to update more. I've kinda lost my drive to write.

HOLY FUCKING 40K VIEWS THO.

I've been away for way too long.

Comment & vote pls.

Anyways...

============================

Y/N's PoV

I sat alone, in the now empty cave, thinking over what had happened. If my parents aren't my parents, then... who could it be?

???: I'm sure you're looking for answers.

The voice appears out of nowhere. It was smooth, feminine and magnetic.

Me: So we meet again... Salem.

Salem: Don't call me by that name. After all, I should be one of the people closest to you.

I blinked several times as I put two and two together. She couldn't possibly be right.

Me: What do you mean? How?

Salem: You were an orphan. You had to come from somewhere. Considering your natural gifts and abilities, who do you think was responsible? Who else could it be?

Me: So you... created me to become a weapon, huh?

I smirk.

Me: That sounds like you. I know you've been alive for a few thousand years, so why not try something different? Hasn't really ever worked out, including this case. This stuff is so damn generic in shonen manga.

I could feel her blinking several times in confusion.

Salem: Shonen? What?

Me: Whatever. Doesn't really matter. Besides, what can you offer me to bring me over to you?

Salem: I have a lot. What do you want? Power?

Me: Got enough of that, now that I'm here.

Salem: Tch. Women?

Me: Got enough of those...

Salem sighes in desperation.

Salem: Useful relations?

Me: Look, lady. I've done very little to prevent your information gathering, but I've got enough contacts. Torchwick, Adam, Cinder... and you.

Salem seemed to get more bewildered as I mentioned the last two.

Salem: What? Why do you think I would help you?

Me: It's still choice. After all, your life hangs in the balance...

It was her turn to be confused.

Me: Talking to me like this... gave me enough time to triangulate your position through the energy vibrations you're giving off.

Salem: What? How?

The Atlas mountain ranges, huh? If you're trying to stop me from finding you, at least make an effort. It's not good to assume things, dear... mother.

I chuckled.

****************

I neared her hideout, sighing as I stroll up the narrow path. Why would she have such a noticeable path in the first place? She may not have expected anyone to find this place, but still. Why would she make it easier for them? There aren't even any traps.

Maybe this is another one of those superficial things that villains always have. There's always something.  I came up against a great, steep cliff. Hundreds of tons of rocks between me and my goal. A minor annoyance. I guess I can still make a grand entrance.

One big fucking hole, coming right up.

Cinder's PoV

A huge explosion seemed to rattle the entirety of Remnant. Me and Emerald rush towards the source of the sound, both of us feeling a sense of dread. Mercury was out gathering food, so we would be down one person. How did they find us? Where did they get the information? How did they get through the protection spell and energy shield protecting the walls?

We had no time to contemplate as we approached the breach. If they take as much as a single step into the hall, all the 30-something traps in the area should have activated. The dust explosives, pitfalls, and dust-powered machine guns. They would delay any attack force for at least half an hour.

As we approached the hall, we slowed down to a crouch, being greeted with silence. As we stacked up on the door and peeked, we heard a click behind us, along with a familiar voice.

???: Now, ladies, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You choose.

Emerald turned around, and I saw her sag her shoulders. She seemed to accept her fate.

I turned around as well, seeing Y/N, revolver in his hand. I didn't know much about the situation, but... things are definitely going to be different.

Salem's PoV

I saw him deftly weave through all my security measures, walking as if it was some stroll in a park. He kept a content smile on his face, as if he was an embodiment of death. Here he was at last, with all the reason and ability to kill me. And yet...

I sense no danger whatsoever. Only... stillness. Emptiness. For one of the rare occasions in my life, I was confused. 

I could only think of one explanation. But... there would be no reason for that. He's avoided it his whole life, so why would he pay attention to it now?

Even after thousands of years, still.

So many things I do not understand.

==================================

I'm finally back! I've been away too long.

Sorry that this chapter was a little short, just wanted to get something out.

Enjoy.