Preston's POV

We had a busy day so soon after we finish our impromptu makeout session we fall asleep. My arms are wrapped around Lachlan and he curls up, his body touching mine. I stroke his hair gently as he falls asleep. I fall into the dark beckoning of slumber quickly.

It's about 3:00AM and I can't sleep anymore. I had a nightmare.

Lachlan begins walking toward me. He stares at me, bewildered. The entire tunnel refracts this weird green glow. Lachlan reaches toward me and I can feel his fingers brush my chest. I reach toward him and a pit opens up, swallowing Lachlan whole.

"No! Lachlan!"

I scream. I try to jump into the pit with him but as soon as I move, the hole disappears. I fall to the ground and hit the floor with my fists.

"Lachl-" I choke and begin crying. "I-i lo-love you."

I whisper. The light in the tunnel is gone and I lay in the complete darkness. A light appears, glowing brighter with each moment. I turn around to be met with a blue orb of some sort. It hurts my eyes as I stare at it. My instincts take over and I reach out to touch it. I feel the sensation of falling as the light fades away.

"I will be there soon, my love."

I say to Lachlan. I only hope he hears me.

I woke with a start. Within moments, Lachlan shoots out of bed and starts screaming. I grab him and hold him. He starts crying and I soothe him. Eventually he calms down and I ask him what happened. He begins to describe a story where he was in a tunnel. I can't help but open my mouth slightly as he tells exactly the nightmare I had, from his perspective. I sigh and comfort him until he gets up. I lie back down and whisper to myself,

'What if it's a sign?"

 A million thoughts race through my head.

What if?