Lachlan's POV

I wake around noon. I rub my eyes and look around the room. The clock says noon but it's dark. I get up and walk downstairs. Preston is seated on the couch in a plain white shirt and some superman pajama pants. It's then that I realize I'm still in my boxers. I blush but shake out of it. I don't care is he sees. I plop down on the couch next to him.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."

Preston teases. I laugh lightly. Preston begins flipping through channels, landing on the news with an abrupt stop. A shrill buzzing sound echoes through the room. I grab Preston's hand, not understanding what is going on. A harsh voice cuts in over the sound and a red strip of text moves over the top of the screen.

"A Tornado Warning has been issued for the following counties. At 11:45 AM, meterologists tracked a severe storm capable of producing a tornado moving at 55 MPH to the East, Northeast. Trained spotters have confirmed a funnel cloud forming just to the end of this storm. If you are in the immediate area, take shelter now. Stay away from mobile homes and avoid windows. Move to the lowest floor of a sturdy building."

A moving picture appears and a green blob moves across the map. The back end is completely red and there was a cone shape indicating a tornado. That cone shap is exactly where Preston and I are. Preston stands up and pulls me with him.

"Lachlan, we have to get to the basement."

He says quickly. I hold his hand tighter. We begin moving forward and then everything goes dark. Preston pulls my arm and we trip down the stairs. He pushes me onto a couch and closes the door. All that can be heard now is the heavy breathing coming from us both. The roaring winds. The smacks of raindrops hitting the house around us with great force. Distantly I hear something that sounds like a train. And then everything goes silent. Almost as if some malevolent force stopped it all. I wrap my arms around Preston's side. He's shaking and I am so nervous.

What the hell is going on?

Are we okay now?