chapter 3 -"There is no way I'm letting you go for a party in sweatpants!"

kenzie's p.o.v

It's a Friday night. Maddie and my mom had gone to dinner with her boyfriend, Eddie's parents and I was home alone.

I blasted one direction loudly and danced my way to the kitchen to heat up a cold box of pizza.

The door bell rang and I groaned, pausing the music in the living room and then heading to the front door. I peeked into the keyhole just to make sure it wasn't a serial killer before flinging it open.

"Hi." I said, moving aside to let them in.
"Hey." Johnny walked in with Lauren following behind.

Lauren was in a black dressy tank top and a pair of cute white jeans and Johnny was wearing ripped jeans and a button down shirt.

"What's with the clothes?" I asked, even though I was dreading the answer already. The look they gave each other before turning to me proved my suspicion correct. There's a party somewhere and they wanted me to come.

"Well...There's this party..." Johnny started.
"At Brandon Rowland's." Lauren added, fully aware that I find him cute.

I folded my arms and rolled my "And let me guess, you want me to come?"
Johnny nods his head and Lauren sighs,"Come on Kenzie. it's just one party. Everyone's going and it'll be fun."

When I don't reply she gives me a pleading look and mouths,"for Brandon."

I pursed my lips before I gave in,"Fine! But only cause I love you too much. Not for," I mouthed 'Brandon' to Lauren.
Johnny frowned.

"Did you just say Brandon?" He scoffed, looking irritated.
I gave him a sheepish smile,"no, I said not for Brandon."

His eyes widened and he looked irritated.
"Don't tell me you find him-"

Lauren cut him off," Let's go pick your outfit! we're getting late." She tried pulling me along with her but I stopped her.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked in an injured tone, looking down at my sweats and over sized sweatshirt.
From the corner of my eye I saw Johnny shaking his head in amusement.

She rolled her eyes," you better be kidding kenz cause there is no way I'm letting you go for a party in sweatpants!"

I huffed stubbornly before she practically had to drag me up the stairs to Maddie's room while Johnny waited for us in the living room.

It took us 20 minutes of raiding Maddie's closet before we found the perfect outfit.
A pair of black skinny jeans with an off the shoulder top that exposed my midriff. I put on some light makeup and straightened my hair before putting my doc martens on.

"You look great!" Lauren said clapping her hands together making me smile as I look into the mirror.

"The sweatpants were comfy though.." I mumbled making Lauren shake her head in mock disapproval.

-

When Lauren and I were satisfied with how I looked we went downstairs to where Johnny was waiting in the living room.

His eyes were still hooked onto his phone, probably texting one of his girls.

Lauren cleared her throat and his eyes hovered up to us. Widening when they landed on me.

"Oh you look.. hot." The words just tumbled out of his mouth making me turn pink.

Lauren gave me a sneaky smirk before saying,"Let's go guys or we'll get late for the party."
Johnny got up as he followed me and Lauren out towards the car, stopping to lock the door behind him. I could feel his eyes trained on my back the entire time as we walked to where his car was parked.