chapter 5- Crush Advice

kenzie's p.o.v

"Johnny?" I said knocking on the door. I heard a sigh and he opened the door, stepping aside and letting me in.

"What's wrong? Why did you run off like that?" I asked.

He didn't say anything.

My eyebrows creased and I sat down on his bed, patting the empty spot next to me.
He sat down slowly and I spoke up,"What's up? You've been acting..I don't know..a little weird today. Is everything okay?"'

He shook his head and took a deep breath.

"What happened?" I urged.

"it's..it's about a girl." He paused thoughtfully.

oh.
my stomach dropped.

He took my silence as encouragement to go on,"I like her. A lot. I feel like something could happen between us. But you know me and I don't date usually, so I don't know how to ask her out exactly."

my heart dropped down to my toes. He likes someone.
And I don't think that someone is me.I feel my insides burn jealousy.
And a deep sadness too.
What am I doing?
He's my best friend and I know it's never going to happen.

"kenz?" He repeated snapping me out of my daze.
"Uh..I think that when you like someone you think you have a chance with you should go for it." I sighed.

"someone you have a chance with? What does that mean?" He teased me playfully.

"You know what I mean." I sighed.

I didn't think I could last another second here with him right now. I needed to get away.

"I'll see you later." I got up and moved towards the window.

He grabbed my wrist.
"What's the rush?" He frowned.

"Lots of homework. Math. There's a big pile! I really should go get on it." I rambled, trying to move towards the window.

"But Mr Harris didn't give us any homework." He said, his frown deepening.

"Um..no sorry I meant I have a chores. But I'll see you tomorrow John. Bye!"

He stopped me once again.
"Is there any reason you're running off like this?" His gaze was narrowed.

I bit my lip.
"No, I'm just..I really need to get on with this huge pile of laundry I need to do." I muttered unintelligibly.

He didn't say anything and
I moved towards his window before he could stop me, climbing over to mine.
I made it a point to pull down the blinds just before I jumped onto my bed letting out a deep shaky breath.

The first thing I did was dial Brynn's number.

-

"Hello?"
"Brynn..?" I squeaked as she picked up.
"What's up kenz?" She said perkily. I could hear a lot of noise coming from the background which meant she was probably at a party.

"Are you busy?" I bit my lip.
"No no," she hushes someone in the background,"I'm at Lexi Jayde's party. Go on."

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and poured out the entire story to her.
I didn't quite get the reaction I wanted. Brynn chuckled lightly,"Aww Kenz isn't it obvious he was talking about you."
I open my eyes,"Wh..what do you mean?"

"Kenzie the girls and I have told you so many times. Johnny's different with you! Everyone can see the adoration in his eyes from miles away."
"That's cause I'm his best friend Brynn."

I argue but I ached for her to be right.

"Trust me on this one. He likes you and you know you do too." She said the amusement clear in her voice.

"And what if he doesn't?" I groan, hugging my pillow tightly.
"Then he's obviously blind! Look at you Kenzie, Johnny's mad if he doesn't like you back."

To be honest this conversation was making me feel slightly better.

"You sure?"
"I cross my heart Kenzie." She replied, the amusement obvious in her voice.
"Okay thanks. Love you." I said.
"Love you too Kenz. Good night."

I cut the phone, putting it away on my bedside table.

Johnny's P.O.V

Kenzie and I've been living next to each other for years and everyday I've been falling harder and harder for that girl.

The only people who know about it are the boys. They tease me about it but even they are convinced it's never going to happen. All the girls I'm with and the reason I'm a 'player' is to distract myself from her.

The other night at Brandon's party seeing Kenzie with my "friend" , Jacob killed me. He knows I like her but he still made a move and it made my blood boil.

That day I wanted nothing more than to forget that she's my best friend. I've always wanted to do that. Always wanted to be more.

After seeing her with Jake I remember being really frustrated.
So I focused my attention on another girl at the party.

Nadia Turner.

She was amazing.
It was a spark and I knew that it burnt bright enough, to snuff  the feelings I had for kenzie, if I tried hard enough.

I liked Nadia.
I liked her a lot.

I took out my phone texting her,

Johnny- Hey
Johnny- it's Johnny

she replied within seconds,

Nadia- hiii

Johnny- I had the best time with you at that party last night

Nadia- me too
Nadia- it wasn't just me then
Nadia- But then today in school we didn't really talk so I was confused

I took a deep breath before deciding to just jump right into it,

Johnny- I know I'm sorry
Johnny- it's just that I really like u

Nadia- you do???

Johnny- yes and I'm sorry I'm doing this over text but like..do you wanna be my girlfriend?

Nadia- call me rn
Nadia- and yes

I smiled at her texts before calling her up. We spoke the whole night.

and just like that, I was ready to be officially over Mackenzie Ziegler.

Hey guys!
please vote, comment and read.
Love ya'll
~annie