chapter 14- Time to move on

kenzie's p.o.v

The next day I woke up to Brynn draped over me, her mouth hanging open and drool on her pillow.

I pushed her off, getting up and stretching.
"Brynn wake up."
She groaned, shifting onto her side.
"Wake up! We have school." I said, shaking her shoulder.

"Five more minutes mom." She mumbled and I rolled my eyes.
Might as well great ready in the mean time.
I moved to my closet, picking out an outfit.
A black Rolling Stones crop top with frankie pants. Basic, but comfortable.

I get into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and then getting into the shower. I stay in there for atleast twenty minutes, enjoying the feel of the hot water cascading down my body.
Jacob's handsome face flashed into my head—how he stared at me in bewilderment as I fled from his car.

I was going to see him today and maybe after a good nights sleep, the dots would connect.
I'd see whether I truly felt a spark.
If that kiss meant something or was just a spur in the moment thing.

He was so interested to know whether I had feelings for Johnny and so relieved when I told him I didn't.

As I stepped out of the shower, a small smile tugged up my lips.
Huh.
Jacob Brown likes me.

I pulled a towel and quickly dried myself, pulling on my clothes.
My hair was damp, smelling strongly of my favorite coconut shampoo.
Running a comb through my hair, I stepped out of the bathroom to see Brynn still fast asleep.
I frowned.

"Wake up!" I said shaking her and she scowls at me her eyes still shut.
"Can't I ditch today?" She mumbled.

"No way!" I huffed.
I was seeing both Jacob and Johnny I'm school today. I needed Brynn by my side, to sort through the muddle I was in.

When they stood next to each other, who would I even look at?
Jacob or Johnny?

Could Jacob possibly snuff out the flame I felt, every time I looked at my best friend?

Brynn yawned loudly, sitting up.
"Ugh." She made a face, eyes still half shut.

It took her two minutes, then she finally slumped out of bed like a zombie.
I flop onto bed watching her as she got up with great difficulty and went to the bathroom to change.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my window and my head jerked up to see Johnny. He smiled and gave me a wave. My heart gave a light tug at the sight of his messy disheveled hair.  I made my way towards the window pulling up the frame.

"Mornin Mckenzis." He grinned.

"Morning Johnny." I replied a little unenthusiastically.
Can you blame me? I have a lot on my mind and I didn't forget how he prioritised Nadia's phone call over me last night.

He didn't seem to notice though and he continued,"I saw Brynn climbing your window last night. Did she go for Birlem's party?"
"Um yeah."
What was he doing up at 2?

It's as if he read my mind.
"I was standing near the window and I saw her slinking up like a panther. Nadia and I were on the phone." He replied, giving me a what would be cute grin, but considering the facts my eyes narrowed slightly.

"What do you want Johnny?" I looked up at him.

His eyes widened a little before he said,"I was going to ask if you wanted a ride to school."