chapter 20- Won me over

this is like the longest chapter ever but the ending is worth it ;)

kenzie's p.o.v

When we reached Hayden's house I walked into the living room, holding hands with Jacob and Lauren trailing behind us.
As soon as we walked in I saw Hayden, Annie, Carson, Nadia and of course Johnny sitting in a circle.

My eyes immediately fell on Johnny who was staring right back at me. our eyes locked and he shuffled slightly.

"Hey guys." Hayden greeted.
I gave him a smile, quickly sitting down next to Annie. She gave me a grin, squeezing my thigh and Lauren sat down next to me.
I noticed Jacob sitting down
opposite me next to Johnny, giving him a nervous smile.
Johnny narrowed his eyes at him, taking his phone out and scrolling through it.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked.
"She's not feeling well." Nadia said, checking out her perfectly manicured nails.
"Oh."I mumbled.

"Anyways let's play truth or dare guys."Carson said with a sly grin.
"And let's add a twist to it. If you don't answer a truth then you need to do a dare."

I gave him a wary look but everyone else thought it was a good idea so I just went with it.

"I'm going first. I choose truth." Lauren said leaning back.
"Okay who do you like?" Carson asked promptly.
Lauren quickly snapped her head towards me and Annie, widening her eyes.

"Uh...." She fiddled with her fingers,"I like um...William."
Annie and I exchanged a look and the others looked surprised.

"William?" Carson scoffed.
"Yeah.." Lauren replied with a shrug. Carson made a face and Hayden and Johnny stifled a laugh.

I knew Carson liked Lauren and I'm pretty sure she liked him too although she denied it every time.

"Okay now I'm asking Johnny!" Nadia declared.
Johnny turned towards her giving her a precious smile.
I felt my heart pang and I looked down at my hands as if they were the most interesting things in the world.

"How many girls...?" Nadia asked and my head snapped up immediately.
I couldn't hide the shock on my face.

She really wants to know?

Hayden coughed loudly and Johnny had paled.

Carson laughed, patting Johnny's back,"Oh come on man. Don't hide the huge number from your girl."

"It's not a huge number!" Johnny groaned, fisting his hair in his hand. I saw his eyes flicker to analyse the expression on my face and I tried to look uninterested.
He and I both knew what I was thinking of. The shouting match we had in his house regarding this particular topic.
He looked away and turned back to Nadia, who looked like she would kill all those girls.

"I'm not answering." He settled and Jacob laughed,"Don't worry nads, he'll leave any girl for you."

Nadia seemed content with that but I felt my insides boiling at my boyfriend's comment.

I saw Johnny lean towards nadia and he although he said it softly I could make out what he said.
"Not that many girls. I swear."
She shrugged and nuzzled against him. I almost laughed bitterly.

"Well since you didn't answer that question I dare you to drink a bottle of beer." Carson said pulling out two bottles, one for himself and one for Johnny.