chapter 35- Just A Kiss

kenzie's p.o.v

I was watching Johnny knock down some cups with a ball from far, trying to win Nadia a teddy bear. Nadia was standing with Lauren far away from us watching Hayden and Carson chuck basketballs into the net while ruby and Brynn had gone to get everyone some funnel cake.

"Gosh you suck at this." I teased as John missed again.
"Shut up you're making me lose my focus." He glared making me giggle.

Suddenly I felt someone clear their throat from behind me and I turned to come face to face with Caden.

"Oh hey Caden." I smiled and I felt John's eyes flicker to us.

"Hey. Jeez I feel so stupid but I never asked you your name." He said, scratching his neck and giving me his cute smile.

I laughed, a little extra trying to catch Johnny's attention even though I didn't realise it was already on us.
"It's Kenzie."

" Cute." He blushed, causing me to turn pink too. This was all a little more fun cause John was watching.

"So Kenzie do you wanna maybe go for a movie later?" He asked, but before I could answer I could feel someone's arm fling around my shoulders.

"Kenzie who's this?" Johnny asked casually.
"His name's Caden." I said looking up at him.

Caden stared at Johnny with wide eyes but coughed awkwardly before repeating himself meekly,"Uh..would..you wanna watch a movie with me kenzie?"

Johnny's eyes flashed and he retorted  angrily,"No I don't think my girlfriend wants to go watch a movie with some other guy thank you very much."

My mouth dropped in shock and Caden eyes widened and he looked almost frightened of the good looking boy, standing with his arms around me.

I was too surprised and confused to say anything and Caden said quickly,"I'm sorry. I didn't know you two were dating. It's just that I heard Kenzie's friend say something about a boy who didn't choose her and it honestly sounded like she doesn't have a boyf-"

At that very moment John tilted his face towards me and crashed his soft lips onto mine.
My eyes widened in shock and I let him kiss me for a few seconds before I pulled away.

THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN.

Caden was looking very embarrassed, staring at his toes.
"Sorry..I'll just leave now."
He excused himself, hurrying away to his sister.

My head whipped towards Johnny and I rubbed my lips, still kind of dazed.
"What the hell was that?!" I spluttered.

"Just trying to prove a point." He shrugged and I started at him with my mouth hanging open.

I cannot believe what just happened.
Why would he kiss me like that all of a sudden?
What did he mean by 'he wants to prove a point'!

He saw my expression and squeezed his eyes shut, looking almost frustrated.
"It was just a kiss kenz stop making such a big deal out of it." He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Just a kiss?
That's all it was.
Just a dumb kiss so that that stupid boy would stay away from the girl who was like a sister to him.

"Why would you do that?" I hissed," couldn't you have asked me for permission or something?" I spat venomously.
He let out a cold laugh,"Oh sorry next time I'll definitely ask for permission before kissing you when I'm pretending to be your boyfriend!"