Chapter Seven. Disturbing & Unapologetic

ARABELLA
{Before I Cave In by Too Close To Touch}

🖤
I'll wait for you to worry
As a taste of truth is burning
Something's slowly starving me
Were you even listening?
🖤

And with a twist, a neck snapped. Another twist and his head was detached from his body.
I was finally becoming polished when it came to sneaking up on the vermin who tried to kill me. I was a little rusty at first but I settled back into my old ways rather quickly.
I hated vampires, but I was in love with Elijah, so if I had to love at least one vampire, it was him. Nothing was going to change that. And that meant all other vampires were fair game to hunt.
          It wasn't Elijah's fault he was the way he is; he didn't get to choose it, his mortality was taken by his mother Esther and I couldn't hate him because of that. The only reason I hated vampires in the first place was because they all had a vendetta to hunt me down and try to kill me. Even if I paid them no mind.
It was in their nature it seemed. But it was in my nature to strike first. All in all, vampires seemed to make me really hungry when they were around. Elijah made me have an appetite for something else.
    Elijah informed me late one night, it wasn't safe for me to go out, because that's when vampires seemed to roam the French Quarter, and if I had been seen then it wouldn't have been pretty. He meant for Marcel's men, of course. He was worried for them.
   But here I was, in the early hours of dawn, dismembering vampires with the evilest smirk on my face. I could not have been any more thrilled.
"You see, no one seems to understand that I've earned every jewel on my crown, on my own, so therefore, I prefer to do my own dirty work." I lowered my voice as I happily waltzed over to the last vampire who'd been tied up, struggling to break free.
"You won't get away with this. Marcel will find out what you're doing and he'll kill you, and the Mikaelsons!" The vampire began shouting, struggling with grunts, as if getting louder would somehow change my mind.
"That's precisely what I want Marcel to do, darling. I want him to find out that it's I, who is killing all of you disgusting parasites." My eyes glowed when I leveled my gaze with his own. "Because I want him to know that I am the villain of his story and not Niklaus Mikaelson. They have someone worse to worry about now"
I smiled. Then I slowly walked behind him while he continued to struggle. I casually placed my hands on both sides of his head and snapped his neck without a second thought. I kept a straight face as I used all of my strength to rip it off his shoulders, and when I did, I didn't get any blood on my outfit this time. But blood dripped down my hands. So I pressed my finger to my lips and began licking off the blood.
"Mmm."

🖤

I swayed happily into the compound as if I didn't just come back from a killing spree. I was nonchalant when Niklaus approached me, taking my arm in his hand with full force.
"I hate to break it to you Niklaus, but I'm clearly not your type. Stop harassing me." I rolled my eyes before I ripped my arm from his grip.
I straightened my back and then flattened the creases of my outfit, when I was finished, I looked up at him through my eyelashes.
"Where the hell have you been?" He questioned me with narrowed eyes, all the while I was rolling mine for the umpteenth time.
"Easy, I was minding my own business. Do I need to remind you to mind yours, Niklaus?" I threatened. Hate seeped through his pores as he glared. He could glare all he wanted, but I wasn't going to tell him anything.
"And do I have to remind you that Elijah specifically said not to go out at night?" He started, and all that did was make me sigh in annoyance. I was his wife, not his slave, nor his prisoner, what Elijah didn't know wouldn't hurt him. "What's stopping me from going up there and telling him what you were up to all wee hours of the night?"
"Make something up if you like," I whispered because taunting him felt like a game. One he didn't like playing. But I was enjoying myself so it really didn't matter.
As Niklaus' glare deepened, a woman with dirty blonde hair stalked in, and her expression had not been pleasant.
"Klaus, who is this?" She asked, getting a sense he was being threatened because she already felt threatened. And yet, I thought I had to say something cunning before I became hated by even more strangers.
"The better question is, who the hell are you?" I asked cooly. I began to meet her halfway, my eyes flashed at her without my knowing, and instantly her hand was being thrown in my direction indicating that she wasn't trying to hit me, but she was trying to throw me. She had to be a witch, and I knew one when I saw one. She was in for a rude awakening if she thought magic was going to work on me though.
I stopped in my tracks while she looked at her hand like something was supposed to happen, but it just wasn't happening. And before I could take a step in her direction, Niklaus had been in between us and he was facing me as I knew it was just in case he would have to transform into the little hybrid he was, to protect whoever was trying to put me down.
"I hate to be that person Niklaus, but I might as well be. You're facing the wrong person." I arched an eyebrow, I sighed with exaggeration and I rolled my head in his direction. But he didn't move, he just kept his eyes locked on mine as his mouth began to form words.
"Freya, this is Arabella. Arabella, this is Freya; my sister." he introduced us nonchalantly but I wasn't interested in formalities. I looked over his shoulder and looked at the puzzled look on her face as a smirk had been slapped across mine.
"Why didn't my magic work on you?" She rushed out, and she seemed more scared than curious.
"Why would it? You've got some nerve Mikaelson." I rolled my eyes, and they landed on Niklaus more than I'd like for one day. I was so irritated already, I wanted to rip someone's head off, in the literal sense of course.
"Anyway, did you get what I asked for?" He ignored me and looked to his sister for answers. As long as the topic wasn't on me, I didn't give a crap about what they were doing although I had been a little curious.
"I have everything for the protection spell, I'll come to get you and Hope when it's finished," Freya added just as she tried to pass me, but I was too quick obviously because I snatched whatever plants she had in her hand, from her grasp and smiled devilishly.
I had been worse than Niklaus at this point.
"Speaking of little baby Mikaelson, I have yet to meet my niece," I smiled as I waved the little plants in the air. I moved them slightly when I saw Freya trying to make a grab from them to no avail she failed miserably. "Where is the little cabbage patch? I bet she's darling."
"Who are you again?" She furrowed her eyebrows and immediately became annoyed. And I tended to have enjoyed little games like these, they always made the time pass a tad bit faster.
"Don't look so upset darling," I approached her calmly as I managed to copy the pouting face she was making, also while I fixed the hair in front of her face by placing it behind her ear. "It causes wrinkles. And, I'm your sister-in-law."
I flipped the herbs as to where they patted her on the chest, and I waited for her to grab them. She looked at Niklaus before she looked at me, and grabbed her supplies. I didn't waste a second after that, so by turning on my heels I started to make my way for the stairs.
"I swear to God, Arabella. You step one foot into her room you won't have to worry about having a heart because I will rip it out." He threatened me, and loudly too. But it seemed empty to me because I knew he was listening to what little Hope was doing. And he should have known better, I wouldn't dream to hurt a hair on a child's head. Even if  I had despised him deeply.
"Oh please Niklaus, she's sleeping. Who am I to disrupt a baby's slumber?" I arched an eyebrow and I waited for Niklaus to add something redundant. But he just glared while Freya walked off. "And besides, you and I both know even that, won't kill me."
Reaching the top of the stairs, I looked up and Niklaus was already staring down at me, figured since he always seemed to want to get to the bottom of things. Hence the silly fact that he wasn't finished trying to know what I was doing all late hours of the night.
"Am I not allowed to go to my room?" I adverted my gaze and my head tilted to the side, not out of confusion but out of annoying curiosity.
"Not until you tell me what you were doing last night, that Elijah can't know about." his smirk deepened and there was another emotion playing around in his eyes but that wasn't of my concern.
I so badly wanted to smack that smirk off of his face, but I had better ways to upset Niklaus that didn't involve violence.
I took the last step up the stairs that would make me leveled to him now, and I crept closer to him as he had been made unaware of my actions until I was close enough in proximity where my hand began to cup his cheek.
His smirk dropped instantly, and sort of froze. Never taking his eyes off of mine.
"Oh Niklaus," my eyes scanned his face as he studied mine. I pushed my face closer to his as if I were going in for a kiss, and just when his eyes closed while he waited for me to kiss him, my lips stopped a centimeter or maybe two from his lips and I smiled before I whispered. "It's still none of your business."
I dropped my hand and walked around him, I could feel the glare on my back, but the last thing I was ever going to do was tell Niklaus my business, if he so badly wanted to know then he could find out for himself.