Chapter Forty•Four. No Peace & Patience

ELIJAH
{No Peace by Sam Smith ft. YEBBA}

🖤
I see you in the morning
Feel your fingers in my hair
Sometimes I still pretend you're there
It hits me without warning
Your reflection walking by
But I know it's only in my mind
🖤

   Glass and wood were broken all around the room, it was dark and the only thing glowing had been the fire that hadn't died down. In front of it was a large pool of blood and the woman who was trying her best to get up, to find the strength to pull the foreign object from her abdomen, was Arabella. Blood was gushing from her mouth, from her shoulder and abdomen. She wasn't healing at all and couldn't figure out why, she couldn't figure out what was happening to her. She checked her chest next but clearly, her heart had been left alone because she was looking around trying to figure out what was going on. She quickly concluded that the foreign piece in her abdomen was purposefully there to keep her in place. She was standing in the very room she was lying in one minute, with some strange man's hand in her chest and another one standing behind her when the world went dark. When she woke up, her entire body was numb. The fact that she was trying hard to make it across the room would be beyond anyone's comprehension. A normal person would have been dead, with no chance of coming back.

It wasn't long before a boot stepped down, making a crunching noise, capturing Arabella's attention as she watched glass turn into smaller grains. If the man standing above her was her uncle, what did he get out of torturing her?
"I'm sure you're awake enough to hear what I have to say." He knelt and removed the hair that was covering her eyes as she slowly looked up at him. She had so much to say, and no words were coming out. He stood up straight again and walked around her, looking around and marveling at the room before he started talking again. In the meantime, she brought her hands down underneath her and struggled to pull it out, once she managed to get it and pull it out, she gasped and turned over on her back so that she could relax for a split second before she shot up and started attacking everyone. That was when the second man came into view and he shared the same face as the man claiming to be her uncle.
Her eyes lowered and her breathing hitched in her throat as her eyes moved from side to side. She was no longer able to move and that was because a woman was thirty feet away making sure that Arabella stayed put. Another thing she wanted to know the details of.
Elijah didn't suspect something was wrong until Vera came running into the house, in the meantime, he waited for Arabella to walk back through the front doors with Rebekah and Freya while he searched through some books Vera had lying around. Niklaus and Kol joined him an hour prior so they could wait too. Niklaus wanted to talk to Vera, and Kol wanted to thank Arabella again for what she had done for him and Davina. He wouldn't get the chance because a look of terror was on Vera's face, and the first person she looked at was Elijah. Meaning something bad happened.
"It's Arabella, I can't find her." She seemed out of breath and the first person she looked at was Elijah, his heart automatically sank.
"What?" Niklaus and Kol asked in unison.
"What do you mean you can't find her?" Elijah shuffled on his feet, his heart was sinking into his stomach and that alone made him want to throw up. Which wasn't a feeling he felt too often, it was common when it involved Arabella, and that let him know just what he really felt for her.
"She was at the club with us one second, and she was gone in a blink of an eye. We've been looking for her ever since." She held up her sister's phone. Anyone could tell she was distraught. The brothers didn't need to hear anymore, they all came around the table and headed out the door, ready to tear the city of New Orleans apart if they had to, and Marcel definitely wasn't going to stand in their way.
"Why didn't you call us?" Kol asked, he didn't think anything Vera was saying was adding up, which made him believe that she was behind her disappearance. Kol didn't understand that Vera and Arabella had fixed their issues a long time ago and she wouldn't have dreamed of causing her sister any harm. Surely, he would remember that. She was at a loss, just like they all were.
"I woke up an hour ago, my neck was snapped, my phone is gone, twelve of my men are dead, and Arabella's phone isn't charged. Whoever did this knew where we were going to be. And whoever it was didn't know crap about me." She walked with them to her SUV and held the door open to the passenger side before looking at each brother before getting in, waiting for one of them to get into the driver's seat. Her posture was serious and her eyes held fear while Niklaus hurried and sped off to get to where the club was.