Chapter Twenty•One. To Have & To Hold

ELIJAH
{Let Me by Zayn Malik}

🖤
Give me your body and let me love you like I do. Come a little closer and let me do those things to you. This feeling will last forever, baby, that's the truth
Let me be your man so I can love you.
🖤

Arabella was home sitting in her bathtub relaxing in hot water, and Elijah was right behind her taking in the peace and quiet. His hand went around her shoulders and he laced his fingers through hers and pulled her closer into him. Her head laid back and rested against him, her face turning into the crook of his neck as she relaxed into him. He looked up and saw their reflections in the mirror in front of them, and the look on Arabella's face was one that was peaceful. Which made him content to know he had brought her peace after so much drama.
"What's on your mind?" Elijah whispered into her hair. His thumb traced circles on the back of Arabella's hand, and it soothed her to the point where her eyes stayed closed and she inhaled deeply.
"Last night; I spoke to one of the harvest girls. I think her name was Cassie." Arabella sighed. Elijah heard of her name before, but the last he heard, she was still very much dead. "She was the same girl who was staring at us when we walked out of the cemetery. And the same girl who was waiting outside of Francesca's prior residence."
"Mmm," Elijah thought aloud. He would think that it was his job to know when one of Davina's friends came back to life, but the girl got to Arabella first. And obviously, she said something that had Arabella in a mood and overthinking. Even though she played it off as if it weren't bothering her. "What did she say?"
"It wasn't what she said, it was more about how she said it. Kind of like she knew me. Like she knew us." Arabella brought her free hand up to her face and bit her nail softly. "About my dream of wanting children, about Kol and Finn."
"Children?" That grabbed his attention. Then he thought about what they talked about the day before. And then he thought about what he imagined when he was putting Hayley in her place.
He would give Arabella what she wanted when the time was right, and it clearly wasn't the right time. He was sure she knew that. He physically could not give her children, but he would be more than happy to adopt with her when they got away from New Orleans and settled down elsewhere, somewhere much more peaceful. It would happen when they had gotten married again and were content. When she was more than ready to bring a new member into their family. He was in no rush, for he felt like he just got her back and he wanted nothing more than to keep her all to himself, at least for a while longer before even thinking about sharing her.
If he were able to give her children physically, he would have both hands in, no questions asked about it. But that was the curse of being over a thousand years old, and that was why it never came up, and why he never thought about it. There was Hope, but she wasn't his daughter. He could only imagine what it would be like to have a daughter of his own that shared his eyes or his smile. But he wasn't as lucky as Niklaus was. Because Elijah could have had a beautiful family with Arabella, and that saddened him the more he thought about it. He couldn't even begin to imagine what it must have felt like for her to have that constant battle with herself, thinking of what she could have if it wasn't for Elijah stopping her. He feared that she resented him for that. But to Arabella, if Elijah was never a vampire she might have never met him, and that was far worse than not being able to have children with him. Elijah was a man worth knowing, loving, and growing together with.
"She said there may be a way she could help, to help us. But I wouldn't hear any more of it. Especially when she brought up Hope." She explained briefly before wrapping Elijah's other arm around her shoulder and intertwining her fingers with his.
"Ho- she brought up Hope?" Elijah asked. The way he sounded had been more surprised than he would have anticipated.
"Yes, but you needn't worry. I told her Hope passed away hours after she was born and that she was never consecrated in the cemetery. Niklaus taught me all about keeping a poker face, whatever that means." Arabella answered swiftly, which made Elijah relax again. It was weird that a teenaged girl, who just came back from the dead no less, was asking Arabella those types of questions without knowing who she actually was. Which raised a red flag for Elijah. So he was going to get to the bottom of that when he had the chance. In those little moments, like the one where they relaxed in the bathtub filled with hot water, that was the first time he relaxed in a long time. He wasn't going to ruin that with his curiosities.
Arabella stood up after three more minutes of quiet and then wrapped herself in the towel that was sitting up in the window. Elijah didn't watch her as she got out, he continued to think about the harvest girl that rose from the dead and was asking lucrative questions as if she knew every little detail about the Mikaelson family. How could she know, and what was Elijah missing that he couldn't figure it out as quickly as he was able to.
When he looked up, Arabella was in the doorway leaning against the frame without the towel on. And that made him smile. It kept his mind occupied long enough, he sped to where she was and stared at her with lustful eyes.
He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. He kissed her lips passionately, and then he raced her to the bed.
Her back was to her mattress as he laid on top of her, touching her slowly and kissing her every chance he got. They both knew they had plans to get done for the day, but neither of them could help themselves. So much time had passed where Elijah preoccupied his time with other women, and with Arabella constantly disappearing, continuously finding reasons to not forgive him for moving on, her reasons seemed unreasonable, but she was making up for the time lost, and Elijah understood. He was making up for it too.
He and Arabella started making love, and Arabella flipped on top of Elijah and started grinding against him. It was new to him because he was so used to being in control, but he liked it. Elijah enjoyed the intimacy with Arabella more when he was in control. But what she was doing with her hips, sent him over the edge. He wanted to be romantic, and she wanted to be dominant. So he grabbed her up and pinned her against the wall. Both of her hands gripped Elijah's neck as her tongue wrestled with his and she moaned into his mouth. He pushed inside her again and she let out a slight gasp as her hands tightened around his neck. Her head flew back and lightly touched the wall while he held her tightly. When the rush of ecstasy passed, she moaned again while making eye contact with Elijah. She lowered her head down beside his neck, where she didn't hesitate to bite him. When his blood started flowing into her mouth, Elijah became more aggressive with her. She didn't let go when he moved her back to the bed again and placed his hands on her headboard. His eyes were red and black, and his fangs were out but the look he gave her wasn't threatening. Once she had enough, his face went back to normal and she released herself, which allowed her to look up at Elijah and scream out in pleasure. As he was reaching his climax, he looked at how Arabella was giving him her all, and it gave him all the strength to finish. His blood on her lips made him reach down and kiss her with so much love that when he pulled away, her hand cupped his face and placed her thumb softly on his lips. Her eyes closed, her back arched, and her mouth let out the most arousing gasp. And that was why she made him climax at the same exact time she did.
The room was quiet and all they could hear was each other's breathing, it was easy when the house stayed empty. Arabella waited a moment, but her hand went up to touch Elijah's face again then she reached up and kissed him softly. Her hand remained on his chin as she pulled away, and they continued to stare at each other in the darkness of her room. He moved over to the opposite side of Arabella and wrapped her in his arms as he soaked in the intimacy he had been longing for. It was long overdue.
"Would you accompany me to tomorrow's event?" He asked quickly but quietly before anything were to get awkward between them. Although he doubted it would, they were married for a long time, and although they weren't married at the moment, he still considered her his wife. Arabella actually found it cute, she smiled as she felt Elijah's chest begin to relax and become more comfortable while being around her. 
"Hayley's wedding? I would love to, but I can't." Arabella's face winced, and she knew that Elijah couldn't see her face, but that didn't matter because it caught him off guard either way.
"I know she said you weren't invited, but I would love it if you'd be my plus one." He tried to persuade her again, but he had that feeling she was going to turn him down again.
"No, I can't because I'm the one who's planning her wedding." She explained. That time she turned over so that she would face him and that they would have that conversation face to face.
"You, are planning Hayley and Jackson's wedding?" He asked, he was actually quite surprised for the third time. With the whole, Hayley and Arabella hating each other thing, and the fact that Hayley once was in an estranged relationship with Elijah, he would think that Arabella would do anything to embarrass Hayley. And for at least five seconds, he thought she was planning something, but he then ignored it because Arabella was most likely on board to get Hayley to say her 'I Do's', just so Hayley would stay out of Arabella's and Elijah's way.
"Who do you think paid for everything? Listen, Rebekah asked me to do this for her since she was going to be away with Hope, and with Freya not knowing the first thing about weddings I couldn't just leave all the work to you or Niklaus. I wouldn't have it." She chuckled lightly, she moved closer to Elijah so that there wouldn't be any more space between them.
"I don't want this to sound rude, so don't take offense to it, but why? You two dislike each other more than I dislike Niklaus. So why help?" He wondered aloud.
"Every woman deserves a wedding, Elijah." She sighed as her fingers interlocked with his. She thought about it long and hard when she heard that Hayley was getting married. And although Arabella wasn't the least bit fond of Hayley, she knew she still deserved a happily ever after. Even if she was just marrying Jackson for power, for the pack, that part of Hayley's story wasn't Arabella's place to judge. And so she didn't. So what better way to help Hayley, than to give her a beautiful wedding? And that wasn't the only thing she did for her. She had been working on the side to help Hayley and Jackson and their pack. But not in a way to join an alliance. She would never do that. It was for something entirely different. "I don't like Hayley. And I mean that with the darkest part of my heart. But if she wants to get married, she should be able to do it, in style."
"Okay," he smiled. His smile brightened even more when she noticed that it was genuine. "But you're still going to be my plus one. Now come, we have to get ready for our flight."
She sat up after Elijah exited out of the bed, and she watched him disappear behind the bathroom door, and he was a sight until then. Her eyebrow went up as she removed the comforter from on top of her legs, then she swung them around to the side of the bed. She hopped down and tiptoed to her closet so that she could lay something out- something she would never do- before heading back into the bathroom with Elijah, taking a quick shower.