15

This Close to Killing the New Secretary Bitch

I sat on my bed with a notebook and Jan laid across the foot of it, playing with some sort of thinking putty.

"No, I'm serious. We have to make the job so bad that she complains more than once to the Masters and they'll get so annoyed that they'll kill her."

"Wow, what a morbid birthday." Jane shook her mournfully and I scoffed.

"Corin was this close to using a tour for a disposable birthday crowd. Doesn't get much worse than that." I scoffed writing my idea down. "Besides, if we do this correctly, she won't die until next month."

"Do we really want to wait that long?"

"Maybe not, but it's only like... Fifteen days, right?" I asked flipping the notebook to the calendar in the back. "Yeah. I can survive with a bitchy secretary for fifteen days. If we're honest, how much interaction did I have with the last one anyways?" I asked. Jane shook her head.

"Not much."

"Exactly! And this time, I'll be slowly torturing her. Win, win!"

~

Lucinda came back from a meeting with the Masters and sat at her desk. She opened the drawer she usually put her calendar in and frowned at the lump in between the pages.

"Morning, Lucinda!" Hero smiled at her as she walked past, better dressed than usual, she'd be sitting in on another trial. "Hope you're having a great day so far!"

Lucinda nodded with a fake smile as Hero continued down the hallway. The woman pulled out the calendar and set it on her desk. She opened to the page with the bump and a sudden blood curdling scream rang through the halls of the palace.

~

"What in the name of Volterra...?" Felix mumbled as I walked in, a loud scream following behind me.

"What was that?" I asked looking confused as I took my spot next to Caius' throne. He looked over at me and seemed to squint and I gave him a slightly clueless smile. Stomping heels came down the hall and into the throne room. Lucinda chucked a small object onto the floor with a little screech and I began to walk down. The clacking of the object on the marble floor confirmed the suspicion that it was in fact Jane's pinky. I stopped beside it and crouched to pick it up.

"What is the meaning of this?" Caius asked from his throne. I cooed at the object in my hand.

"It seems that Jane must have left the new secretary a present!" I smiled adoringly. "How endearing!" Lucinda scoffed and held her mouth open, looking at me astonished. I opened my palm for a full view. "Awe! And it's still squirming!" I said bouncing my hand only slightly towards Lucinda. She yelped and jumped back, slipping on her ass. I gasped. "Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you would have enjoyed the present..." I said using my other hand to help her up. She looked speechless and twitchy and I did my best to qwell the urge to smile manically.

"Lucinda, you can go back to your work. We apologise for the..." Caius trailed off. Lucinda nodded, turning to leave. I opened my hand and made the pinky jump again. She flinched and walked briskly out of the throne room, the doors shutting behind her.