Chapter 1

A/N: This is the next story from the series Fire and Desire.

Loki sat on the throne of Asgard, the smirk on his face vanishing as his brother walked out the throne room. Looking around, there was no one around to witness him as the new king of Asgard. Frigga was gone, now Thor’s gone. He could care less about Odin, he was gone as well, Thanks to me, Loki thought with the smirk forming on his face again.

Loki knew this would get pretty boring for him, a part of him wanted to smile, laugh even, as Thor trudged back to the throne room with guards in tow, but he knew what was about to happen.

“Loki! How dare you betray me again! I thought you were…” Thor trailed off, his face softened, and then it hardened again. “What did you do to father?” He asked.

Loki rolled his eyes, “I’m surprised Heimdall didn’t give you the answer to that.”

“He cannot see where you’ve hidden him; now tell me where you’ve hidden him before I kill you.” Thor threatened.

Instead of telling Thor where Odin was, Loki turned his nose in the air and said nothing. “Take him to his cell.” Thor said to the guards. They put the handcuffs on that Loki knew all too well, and hauled him back to his old cell.

Meanwhile, on Muspelheim, Senta Surturdottir snuck out of her chambers when she heard that there was an Asgardian in the palace. Her father, Surtur, told her that Fire Demons should hate all Asgardians and burn Asgard, but she never believed that. She saw her father talking to Odin Allfather, Why is he here? She thought to herself as she listened in on their conversation.

“I shall kill you if you don’t return me to Asgard.” Odin said. Surtur laughed, “You think you can defeat me, old man. You are powerless compared to me and my army.” Surtur said.

The guards then took Odin to the dungeon, as Surtur continued to chuckle. He turned to see Senta peeking around the corner.

“My daughter, come.” He commanded her, his loud voice caused her to jump.

Senta quickly came to him, “Yes, father?” she replied to him.

“As you have seen, there is an Asgardian in the palace. I don’t want you going near that scum, do you hear me?” She nodded.

“Good, there will be a war soon, daughter. I want you to stay in the palace at all times.” Surtur told her. Senta frowned.

“But father, I am a warrior! I was born to fight, let me fight in this war, and protect Muspelheim.” She said.

Surtur shook his head, “You are a princess, I curse the day your brothers trained you.”

“Aren’t I just as good a warrior as they?” She replied. “I have been trained by the best, father.” Surtur thought for a moment.

“No.” Senta’s face fell, “My daughter, it’s only to protect you. You are betrothed to Asmund, he is a true warrior.” Surtur said before walking away.

Senta’s head was bowed as she walked back to her chambers, before she could go in, Asmund called out to her.

“Senta! I’ve been looking for you.” He said. Of course Asmund was handsome, and he was an excellent warrior, but Senta didn’t want to marry him. She despised him actually, he was misogynistic and boring. He expected Senta to be a prim princess like the queen, Senta vowed that she would never be that way.

“Hello, Asmund.” She said without enthusiasm.

“Have you heard? There’s an Asgardian in the dungeons. Now we’ll finally have that war with those Asgardians.” He said excitedly.