chapter thirty two

It was already getting late whilst Bella Santiago and Scott Reed found themselves near witch's rock

It was already getting late whilst Bella Santiago and Scott Reed found themselves near witch's rock. Scott went before Bella with a flashlight. She didn't want to admit it, but Bella was beyond scared about what they would come across within these woods. It was terrifying, but somewhat felt safe with Scott around.

There was something inside of her that wanted to grab his hand and grip it, as hard as she could, but she held back. She didn't know if he was still with Harriet or not. Plus, she didn't want to push any boundaries, but was there boundaries between them anymore?

'I think we are close' Scott said as Bella just nodded

'What is this place exactly?' Bella asked but this time she was right next to Scott

She felt her heart race as their shoulders touched whilst they walked. Bella shook her and took a step to the side, it was like she was trying to shake him off. It was like she was trying to stop thinking about the possibilities, but she couldn't stop. Her brain was screaming no, but her heart was jumping around in her chest and singing every Taylor Swift song known to men.

'We are here' Scott turned around to her, 'Be careful there is a hole somewhere in here'

Bella nodded as she stepped over a giant log. Scott stepped over as well and offered her a hand. Initially, she didn't want to take it, but Scott held her hand anyway.

'Thanks' Bella said quickly

Scott chuckled, 'You can let go'

'What?' Bella said slightly confused, but then she realized that she was still holding his hand, 'Oh sorry'

Scott just chuckled harder, 'All good'

Bella swore she heard Scott's breath hitch in his throat. What would that mean? Was she making him nervous? It made Bella remember their first date.

Scott being nervous was an understatement. He was practically shaking and sweating at the palms. He didn't know if Bella's parents would answer the door. He liked Bella quite a lot, but he wasn't ready to meet her parents just yet. Luckily, Bella answered the door with her bright smile. And this put him at ease.

Bella remembers them going to the Crestmont and she knew Hannah would be working that night. Scott and Bella approached the ticket booth with a bright smiling Hannah Baker.

'What movie would you guys like to see?' Hannah asked in a teasing tone

Bella felt her cheeks burn up. She knew Hannah was going to embarrass her, it was a given when you are best friends with someone. Bella would've done the same.

'What would you like to see?' Scott asked Bella, 'The Conjuring?'

'Yeah' Bella said as she got out her purse to pay for her ticket