Prologue

•Drowning•

Once upon a time she was alive,
She was like a beautiful flower blooming,
Full of life

Her freedom drowned with her soul
Tainting the flower with pain,
The flower died within agony.

Numbness filled her drowning beauty,
She drowned deeper and deeper
As she cried for help
But no one was there to save her from the deep-end.

A flower only asked for freedom and love, was that too much to ask for?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Layla sat there in the dark cold room, her knees bent up to her chest as her head rested against her knees, her cries echoing through the room.

She felt herself drowning more into the darkness, being pulled under by her own demons, she kept on crying, praying to god to grant her the freedom she always envied to have since she was a sixteen-year old girl.

The room was dark. No windows, no lamps, nothing. Only a little light bulb seemed to light up one space, the light was flickering, which was leaving her all alone in the dark here and there.

However, all the pain she had endured so far started to turn her, changing her. The little therapist in her head always seemed to talk to her, but it was still too quiet to listen to because of her demons, which were talking to her constantly, changing her into a complete different person.

Pain. The cure of broken people, leading them to numbness slowly, which always managed to change them, making them stronger as ever before. Pain, the escape of the cruel fate happening to the person, pain was pulling the person away mentally, but setting the person physically in it, which was kind of helping the person out of the situation. Pain was the escape some people tend to use.

Even pain was used for the better...

Layla felt like her lungs were suffocating the life out of her, pulling her more to death slowly as she got no air in her lungs. She broke into coughs and cries for help, she had nothing to lose anymore, she even wanted to die, however a little spark in her always caused her to remain alive with strength.

The light went off again, but this time it seemed longer than ever, she could only hear footsteps approaching her as she tried to even her breaths. Suddenly, all of the small amount of air was knocked out of her lungs as she felt her back slam against the wall hard.

She gasped quietly, a few tears already slipping out of her eye, "What does my little b*tch want now?" A manly voice said huskily, which she could never tend to forget ever in her life. It was that man who had destroyed her life and soul in the same time.

"Does my little b*tch want to have some fun again, hm?" He whispered into her ear, his hot breath against her neck disgusted her more. She hated herself, she was disgusted by herself, wanting to die already, she put her strength together and answered,

"I want you to kill me."