Chapter 14 {New Encounters}

Luciano examined her beautiful features as long as he could, waiting for her reply as he did so, silently praying that god would grant him some more time with this angel named Layla—an angel straight from the darkness and dipped in sorrows.

"I don't think so." He heard Layla's soft voice, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked between the two men, as if recognizing Alejandro, a small gasp excited her lips. Luckily, it was too quiet for them to hear except for himself. "Great to see you again, Layla." Alejandro greeted his angel, who looked a uncomfortable in this situation.

What the hell? His eyes widened, they both didn't seem like they've only met twice, they looked like they shared history with each other, which was driving Alejandro to madness. He didn't want any male associating with his angel, he wanted to be the only man in her life that could make her feel new emotions—make her feel things she had never felt before.

And there goes his possessiveness again...

It was going to drive him insane and he knew it.

He watched her grit her teeth, "It's good to see you again, Alejandro." She mumbled, trying too hard to conceal her emotions, which didn't end up being successfully done, because Luciano could read this one action like a book. It was something he also had done in his past, she was clearly uncomfortable and wanted to get out of there as soon as she got the chance to do so.

"Well, the tension in here is too thick." Valentina said, "What is up with you guys?" She asked, looking between the two men, who seemed to be staring at each other daringly—as if one wrong move was made, they would kill each other in a heartbeat.

Layla fake-coughed, bringing the men back to reality, "Well, it was nice meeting you again gentlemen, but Valentina and I have to go. Have a nice day." She said, gripping Valentina's hand and walking away from them, leaving them looking after the two women.

"What in the hell was just that?" Valentina asked her, a look of shock and admiration playing on her innocent features, which made Layla's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Two greek gods almost killed each other for your attention! I wish I was that lucky." Valentina threw her hands in the air as she looked up, looking like she was praying to god for something like this to happen to her, which made Layla laugh at her ridiculousness.

"You'd say the exact opposite if you were in my shoes, trust me." Layla assured her, but Valentina still did not believe her, "Mhm, yeah sure." She said in an unconvinced tone, hopping around like a little child while another bubbly smile reched her lips. "So, this is the place where you'd be working, come on, let's talk to Francesco." She said as she opened the door for Layla to enter the bar like place.

Layla saw a man in his late twenties sit on a chair while he was playing his guitar and singing a song in Italian, it looked like he was on a little stage, singing his heart out with his beautiful voice.

She admitted, it was very hot to see a talented man.

The two young woman sat down on two bar chairs, a bartender was already dealing with a drunk girl, who was talking uncontrollably about her possible ex-boyfriend, cussing him out as she chucked down one drink after another.

"That poor thing." Valentina said as she looked at the girl with pity in her eyes, Layla nodded, feeling sorry for her slightly. "I feel sorry the most for the bartender though." Layla added, chuckling as she saw the bartender roll his eyes, telling the girl that she was not getting another shot of Tequila.

"I'm glad that someone as pretty as you is actually feeling sorry for me." The bartender said, now standing in front of Layla and Valentina, staring Layla up and down in a scanning manner, which made Layla's eyebrows rise up in confusion. "That's Marcellus, Marcel for short, and you can already tell that he's a huge flirt." Valentina introduced the bartender, who was flashing one of the most bright smiled Layla had ever seen.

"And who are you, tesoro? (Treasure.)" Marcel asked huskily, looking into her eyes, she noticed that his eyes were an emerald shade of green, making them look as beautiful as ever. "Layla, nice to meet you Marcel." She replied, flashing him a small smile to which he smiled brightly, "Well, what can I get you two pretty women?" He asked with a brow raised, a boyish grin playing on his lips while he waited for their answers.

"Can I just get a glass of water, I don't really drink." Layla told him, "A shot of Tequila for me, Marcel." Valentina said, making Layla's eyebrow raise in confusion, "You plan on getting drunk now?" She asked, finding it odd that Valentina wanted to get drunk in daytime.

"A shot won't hurt Layla." Valentina laughed, swallowing the shot in one go, she set down the glass as Layla took sips of her water.

"So you are searching for a job, ?" Marcel asked, making Layla nod as an answer, "Well, we could use a waitress, you could take the orders from the people who come to watch the shows."

The information made Layla smile genuinely, she was finally putting her life together. Valentina's voice pulled her out of her trance, "Thanks Marcel, you are the best. Let's go talk to Gabriel then, Layla."

"Nessun problema, è stato un piacere conoscerti bella." (No problem, it was a pleasure meeting you beautiful.) Layla looked at Marcel, trying to figure out what he said, she only understood that it wasn't a problem. Her confused face made Marcel laugh, her furrowed eyebrows and her overall expression seemed so cute to him that he couldn't stop smiling, "You look so cute when you're confused."

Layla smiled shyly, silently thanking god that no one could see her blushing that much because of her skin tone. "Get your ass up and come here!" She heard Valentina call out.
Layla laughed, "I better go. See you around." She said as she started to follow Valentina.

Turns out that the owner Gabriel was a really nice guy, who was really happy about Layla applying for the job that he told her to start tomorrow. A smile never faded from her lips, finally thinking that her life was becoming normal after years.

However, deep down she still doubted that her happiness was not going to last forever—it never did.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter is a little bit shorter this time, BUT the next one is gonna be longer I promise. :)

And this chapter might be more boring than the other ones because it is a filler to erase all of the confusion afterwards. :)

So yeah, happy reading brothers and sisters!

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE!
THANK YOUUU!