Chapter 11 {Letting Go Is Hard When You Are Tied Up}

All she felt was the wetness of her tears she had cried for hours, finally welcoming numbness once again. Unanswered questions were flying around her mind as she sat on the soft surface of her bed, her hand resting on her belly, not knowing how to feel about the innocent angel inside her, which crushed her heart. She hated how she felt so unsure but yet so lucky, this baby has been the cause of finally breaking out of her living nightmare. Like a guardian angel.

Sighing in a deep breath, she tried to contain her endless sobs inside her, breathing in and out as she tried. However, she still did not succeed, her soft sobs filled the room as the moonlight lit up the room, making the darkness more beautiful.

She was all alone. As always. With no one to hold her, tears flooding down endlessly as the fight against her emotions became unbearable, falling more into the deep-end. She was desperate to find someone to hold her in her darkest days, but yet she was pushing everyone away, confusing her.

However, she never had felt the need for a support system until now, but she had to erase this feeling in order to keep on living, so she ignored her tears, which were flooding down uncontrollably. She ignored all of her feelings as she got out of the bed, welcoming the numbness with open arms as she stretched, deciding to get ready for bed.

She threw all of her clothes except for her underwear in the corner of the room, putting on an oversized t-shirt which covered her to her knees, she climbed back into her bed, welcoming its comfort with open arms. Pulling the covers over her head, sleep welcomed her back immediately.

•••••••••

Alejandro and Layla had come from another tiring day from work, as she was busy preparing dinner, Alejandro sat there deep in thought, a strange feeling lingering in his heart, which wouldn't leave for days. He knew secretly what he was feeling, he was feeling hurt, he didn't want Layla to leave, he wanted to protect her by his side at all costs, maybe even make her develop feelings for him as he developed feelings for her. However, these became all crashed dreams, because she was leaving today.

Layla set two plates down, and started eating with Alejandro, this would be their last meal maybe forever.

Their silence was filled with mostly awkwardness and a little bit of confusion, which was only one sided, because Alejandro was eager to ask her what happened last night because he had heard her soft cries, which broke his heart piece by piece, knowing that she did not welcome any kind of comfort from anyone, especially from him.

"You have something in your mind." Layla stated, reading through him like an open book. Alejandro looked at her with a stunned expression, he scratched his neck nervously, "Is it that obvious?" He asked awkwardly, which made Layla almost smile, she thought that he looked so cute, it was an adorable sight.

"Well, obviously yes." She chuckled, which made him smile immediately, his face turned to its usual stoic expression, "I heard you last night." He stated, "I know you have fresh bruises mentally, which need to be healed. So please, don't leave Layla, let me heal you." Alejandro pleaded with hurt laced in his voice, a soft look on his face. "I don't want you to leave, I became accustomed to see you everyday."

She tried to contain her tears inside as her heart broke all over again, knowing that she was the cause of his pain, she looked down, not trusting her voice to say anything, because she knew she'd break down any minute.

Pulling herself together, she took a deep breath before she began to speak, "Look Alejandro, I have to leave, he will find me in this country sooner or later. I am no good for anyone, I put you in danger, he could kill you and me."