The 1st outing!

This part is as simple as it is, moreover, i couldn't manage to provide a bigger update due to several reasons, still, i am posting this as i myself would like to continue this story as long as i can! Thank you all for your time!

*******************************************************

A couple, on their 40th marriage anniversary...where could they choose to be in? Maybe in a tranquil place...enjoying each other's companion thoroughly, no? Why an old couple would choose such a congested place to spend such a memorable day? Isn't it easier to feel "lost" in a crowd? Maybe in their case, it wasn't that easy to be lost being in each other's companion...they also heard about that typical adage that it's easy to get strayed in a crowd! But they were among those people who royally hold into their individuality even among the mass!

Man: Priya...what shall I gift you...yaar?

Lady: gift? For?

Man: for our marriage anniversary!

Lady: why? Why should I receive gifts only during special occasions?

The term "Gift" reminds them of their first "official" outing...that was nothing special...but only a sabzi mandi from the nearby shop...

Flashback (Kapoor gang gossiping over Tea)

Neha (winking) Priya, tell me...how's your nap last night?

Everyone laughs loud...

Neha: arey bhai...I am asking cos it's all new for Priya na...I mean the setup...the surroundings...and...

Rishabh exclaims in utter fun: and Bhai's snore of course!!

The gang bursts into laughter...

Ram looks at Priya...her low-led eyes were a clear confession that she couldn't sleep all night due to the snore!

Meanwhile, Krishnaji joins them..."who wants aloo chaat for snacks"? Among the scream, Ram's voice overpowers: Me!!

Krishna Ji: Then bring the potatoes first!

Ram: Maa...please send Indar (their caretaker) naa!

Krishna ji (making excuses): He is out for some other chores! Why don't you go out with Priya and get some groceries too! I will give you the list!

Ram: not fair Maa! This week, it was Rishabh's turn!

Rishabh (in a taunting tone) Who's married Bhai? So your responsibilities got bigger!

RaYa walking along the roadside footpath:

Having no other choices, they both go out for grocery shopping!

Ram (hesitating) : Sorry yaar!

Priya (mmm) why?

Ram: I mean...usually, a newly married couple goes on trip and all...and here we'r going for grocery shopping!

Priya (in a taunting tone) I toh heard that it's all about the person...not the place!!

Ram absorbing the meaning that she is pointing him as "the person"...laughs! Noted Ma'am! We'll see!

Priya notices that the man she is walking along, is actually such a calm and composed person! There would hardly be anything that could raise his temper! How and from where a person can gather such extent of patience? Suddenly...it reminds her of her Father...her Papa is just like that! Why this man resembles her Father?

Ram's complaining tone brings her back to the present...yaar...I so hate walking! Priya heaves a deep sigh of relief! She mutters to herself: see...Priya...he hates walking...so opposite of your Father...there can no one else in your life like him!

Priya: ya, I can make a guess (pointing toward his chubby body)

Ram: ya, I also can make a guess that how much you enjoy walking! (he is indicating her slim curve)

While continuing the bicker, suddenly Priya stops in the middle of the road...and rushes to the other side of the road...Ram remains stunned by her sudden movement as she crossed the road violating the traffic signal...as the vehicles were running fast, Ram couldn't get a clear view of her...still, he could manage a hazy sight of her...she was holding a shabby man...who was struggling hard to get up as he stumbled...anyone passing by hadn't stopped...maybe simply because it din't grab their attention...or let's say that was due to the greasy outfit of the shabby man...but that sight caught Ram's attention...his wife was comforting the old man in a way that she had a connection with him since forever...a bond of humanity they shared! Ram crosses the road as soon as the signal clears...he had nothing to say to Priya...but for no reason, she earned his respect which leaves Ram in deep thought...is it that simple to earn respect? Then why did he experience such a feel for this lady who he doesn't even know well? He had place only for four ladies in his life...his family members they are.....his mother...sister...grandmother and a special friend (Neha). Is he happily accommodating a lady in his life? No way, that's not possible! He just does not want to float on an emotional dive all over again! Before a torment past could haunt him, he steps into a shop. They roam around individually...and pick up few stuffs from the list.

Suddenly Ram stops by the rack where the nasal strips were kept...he recalls the morning chit chat...he picks quite a few piece...also remembers Neha's tip that he should buy Priya a gift as they are going out for the first time! He quickly observes the shelves, but couldn't find any proper gift for a lady in a grocery chain store! Besides the nasal strips, he could see a basket full of feminine napkins. He puts a packet in his trolley and moves toward the counter.

******************************************************************

After a well spent day with the whole family, finally, they come to their room...as soon as Ram enters, he lies down on the bed...dozing into a peaceful sleep. But Priya couldn't close her eyes as the thought of her father din't let her sleep...she gets up to get the phone from the side table to make a call...suddenly a wrapped box of toiletries draws her attention...a note was attached to it: Let the humane inside you live forever, Happy Women's day! Unknowingly, it brings a smile on her face...she unwraps the packet...though it was not really an usual or expensive gift, it touched her heart! She gets her phone...it was past 12 am...flashing the date: 8th of March. It was too late to make a call to her dad! She so wanted to thank her Father...was she being happy about her married life? In an attempt to resolve the equation, she too dozes off!

******************************************************************

The old lady smiles recommencing the memories...fancy gifts could never make a way to their cupboards, you may call it their weirdness, but they would name it a normal life...the man also smiles to himself...wives guide their spouses throughout the life...but his one? She influenced his mindset about life...he learned to be compassionate...being in her companion!