What about Charlie?

My hands are gripping the railing of my balcony so hard, that my knuckles are turning white. The anger and fury of my brother's return courses through my veins. My mind is going in every which direction, my muscles tense up at the thought of my brother being here. Why is he here? What does he want? My mind is swarming with these questions. I have to calm down, I have to calm down. All this stress is not good for my child, I place my left hand on my stomach and my muscle relax slightly. I need to be calm, I feel two strong arms wrap around me and place their hands on my stomach. I look down and see Loki's wedding ring, my muscles completely relax. "Why is he here?" I ask, my words are dripping with vemon.
"Perhaps he feels remorse." he says.
"If he felt remorse he would have come back a while ago." I say.
"Maybe something happened that made him want to right his wrongs." I sigh.
"Can we please not talk about this right now." I ask.
        I release my other hand from the railing and place it over Loki's. I lean my back against his chest and he kisses my shoulder, I caress his hand staring off into the distance. "We can talk about our living arrangement." I groan, Loki and I have been arguing over where to live ever since we got married. I always say that raising a child here because I have few good memories here and having good memories with my husband and child would make this place more special. Loki always says that Asgard is better because the child may be like him, and it would be best for the child to learn how to use his or her magic on Asgard, and that we cannot stay with Nick forever. I release myself from his arms and sit on the bed knowing exactly how this argument is going to play out."My love." He says, walking over to me, kneels in front of me and takes my hands in his own. "Why do you wish to stay here?" I start to think of and answer but its not convincing, Loki would see right through it. I look down and search the pockets of my mind for the words to tell him why. I come up empty handed, all the memories I have here are of pain. I open my mouth and look up at him.
"I do not know." I tell him, "All the memories I have are of pain and suffering." Loki sits on the bed in front of me still holding my hands.
"We do not have to decide it now." He says.
"Why do you wish to live in Asgard?" he looks down, his eyebrow collide wit his eyes.
        He's searching for the words but he finds none as I did. I looks back up at me and shakes his head. "I do not know." he said,"As you said before there is nothing but pain and suffering there."
"Perhaps we could find a place of our own." I say, "A fresh start." he smiles and pulls me closer to him and kisses me while smiling. He then pulls away sets his forehead on mine and whispers.
"A fresh start." I smile, I then fades.
"What about Charlie?" I ask looking at him. He sighs, shakes his head with his eyebrows raised and shrugs. Then rubs his thumb on one side of his jaw and four fingers on the other.
"Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing hear him out." He said. "So we can understand why he is here."
"Perhaps it wouldn't." I say."We should tell Nick."
"He's not going to like it." Loki says looking at me with his hand still on his chin.
"Better we tell him and have him expecting it. Than have him find out when Charlies comes and clobber's him again."I say.
"Lets go tell him," Loki said,"See what he thinks."
        We walk into Nick's study, he sitting behind the desk going through countless files. He looks up as we walk in, I see his browns now blood shot eyes though his thick glasses . He has horrible bed head, which is odd because he hasn't slept for a while."You should get some rest."I tell him.
"She's right." Loki chimes in, "You really should sleep." Nick takes off his glasses closes the files he's reading and leans back against the chair.
"What's wrong?"he asked.
"What?" Loki said for me.
"You," he said pointing to Loki, "are only nice to me when somethings wrong." Loki holds up his hands.
"Am I not allowed to worry about my brother-in-law?"
"Not for good reason."
"Loki was thinking," I say, "that we could invite over Charlie and try to figure out why he's here." Nick Jumped on his feet.
"No." He said firmly, making gestures with his hands that make him look like an umpire calling a player safe at home. "No way in hell."
"Do you not want to know why he's here?" I ask him.
"Well, yeah." He said it like it was obvious.
"Then in order to find out we have to talk to him." I say.
"Fine," Nick said, "but I never said I'd be nice to him."
"That's all I ask." I say. Nick starts to walk out of his study.
"Where are you going?" Loki asked him, he turned around in the door way.
"I need a drink." He said and stormed down stairs. 
        I walk over to his desk and sit on it placing my hands on either side of me."I told you he wouldn't like it." Loki said facing me. He walked over to me and placed his hands on my stomach. I place my hands over his, I give him a small smile. "Hopefully the meeting with Charlies won't last long." I say.
"Just be civil darling." He said, I sigh.
"I'll try."

        I'm pacing in the front entrance of the house, my gaze is on the door. My hands are rubbing my stomach, that seems to be more and more calming the past few days. It's been two days since I called Charlie, I told him to come back in precisely three minutes. Not that I'm keeping track, we got Charlie's number for some cocktail waitress at the bar Nick goes to. My mind is swarming with questions. When will he be here? How will it go? Will Nick punch him again? Nick then comes out of the sitting, I smell something strong. I sniff in Nick's direction and smell alcohol, he's got a grin on his face."How much did you have to drink?"  I ask, he shrugs.
"I don't know," he says, " but I drank all night long." I notice his drunkenness makes him seem calm. I smile.
"Thank you Nick." I say, while laughing.
"Any time." He said while leaning his head back towards me. Loki then comes down stairs, stands next to me.
"Are you ready?" He looked between Nick and I.
"Yeperoni!" Nick said, shifting his weight from the balls of his feet to his toes like a child. Loki looks at me confused.
"He's drunk." I tell him. He nods in understanding.
        Someone knocks at the door, we all stare at the door. I walk away from Loki and Nick and open the door. I see Charlie beaming on the other side. I give him a small pressed smile, "Come in." I say stepping back and motioning him to enter. He walks in and I close the door. He then wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly in his embrace for a while. I just stand with my hands by my side feeling awkward. I look at Nick and mouth help me. Nick clears his throat and Charlie looks in their direction. His gaze immediately goes to Loki, confusion then plays on his face. "I'm sorry," I say, " Charlie this is my husband Loki."
"Right we met the other night, nice to officially meet you." He said holding his hand out.
"Like wise." Loki said taking his hand and giving it a firm shake.
"Why don't we go into the sitting room." I say once they release each others hands.
"Follow me." Loki says, leading Charlie to the sitting room.
        I follow Charlies, Nick stays in place. Once Charlie is passing Nick he stops scrunches his nose and faces him. He sniff the air around Nick, "Have you been drinking?" He asked Nick.
"Fuck yeah!" Nick only says fuck when he's drunk.
"You're really to young to be drinking." Charlie said, crossing his arms over his chest and glares at Nick. Now he wants to be an older brother!
"No I'm not." Nick says, fumbling through his pockets and takes out his driver's license shoving it in Charlies face. "See I'm 22."
"Fine," Charlie says." but you really shouldn't drink.
"Its a little late to play the older brother Charlie." I say the words before I can stop them.
        Charlie stares at me then walks into the sitting room alone, Loki, Nick and I remain in the entry way. "Well," Loki said breaking the silence, "this is going to be interesting." we all go into the sitting room.

        This is going to be a long night.