The Birth

Pain...
        That's all I have felt for the past few hours, I called my brother and he came home from work to help me deliver. The pain is so fearsome I start to sweat, my raven hair is plastered to my neck. I try to keep my breathing under control. Loki is still in Asgard he told me that he was in the middle of something and would be here as soon as he could. Breathe, I have to remember to breathe. I have never felt pain like this, not even when I jumped off that tower. Nothing comes close to this. Breathe, I have to breathe. I make a sound that sounds like a child's wince, but the pain is to great. Its almost unbearable, Loki runs through the door and is by my side in a second. I'm in a nightgown my legs are propped up so it will be easier to deliver. "Darling," Loki says caressing my head, I look at him. He's smiling and has tears in his eyes, "everything will be just fine." I see his icy blue eyes, I hope our child has his eyes. 
"It...hurts." I swallow in between my words.
"I know darling," He says his hand still on my head, "just think. The second this is over your going to be a mother." I smile.
"And your going to be a father," I add, "a much better father than Odin ever was." 
"AHHH!" I yell, the pain is so great. I feel as though something is coming out of me.
        Nick runs to the table and looks under my gown, he looks up at me and smiles. "You ready to be a mom?" he asks me. I nod me head fast, He puts on some rubber gloves and holds a blanket by my feet. "Alright." he says, "The next contraction you have I want you to push okay?"
"Yes." I breathe.
"Loki sit her up a bit." Loki wraps his arm around me and sits me up."Alright ready," the next contraction comes, "PUSH!"
        I scream at the top of my lungs, and lean forward slightly. I feel my child starting to come out, I gasps and fall back into Loki's embrace. Nick's telling me that a few more pushes will bring my child into the world. The next contraction comes and Nick screams push once more. I'm screaming, Loki's yelling things in my ears motivating me to push out the child.
        The pain is so unreal, as I said before I've never felt anything like it before. I can feel everything, I feel myself bringing the child into the world. I am ready to be a mother, I realize, I am. Breathe, I have to breathe. I fall back into Loki's arms and I'm panting so hard I feel like I'm going to cough up my lungs. I look at Loki his eyes looking into mine, I bring my left hand up to his face and caress his chin and smile. "I love you," I tell him, "with all my heart." He's still smiling, I see a tear fall from his eyes and I wipe it away with my fingers.
"I love you too James." He says, "With all my heart."
"Okay," Nick says butting in, "one more push and you guys are parents and I become and uncle."
        I smile at him; I feel the last contraction coming on. Nick yells at me to push, I let out a gut wrenching scream. I fall back and suddenly feel relief and fatigue plague my senses. I lean back against Loki, and close my eyes. I feel Loki hold my hand, and kiss the top of my head. I then hear something, a cry, not just any cry. The cry of a child, I open my eyes and look in Nick’s direction. He has the infant on a table check to make sure that the infant in healthy. I then see him put all the equipment back on the tray and wrap my child in a blanket. He holds the infant tight in his arms and turns around. The first thing I see is thick raven colored hair all over the child’s head. I lean forward to see if I can catch a glimpse of any other feature that is on our child. Loki is looking at him too; he is just as mesmerized by this as I am. Nick walks over to me and stands on the right side of the bed. He looks down at my child, and looks back at me and smiles. He then hands me my baby, I place the child head in my elbow and put my left hand on the child’s back. I smile down at the baby in my arms. The child still hasn’t stopped crying, I shush the baby and hold it closer to my chest. The infant in my arms stops crying. The child then opens its eyes, I see Loki’s eyes looking right at me. That was all I ever wanted my child to have, was my husband’s icy blue eyes. Loki then leans into my shoulder; he wraps one of his arms around me and the other caresses our child’s small cheek. I look at Loki and his cheeks stained with tears of joy. I wipe his cheeks with my hand causing him to smile at me. I hold his hand and look back down at my child.
         I then realize something, and lift my head slightly. I do not know if my child is a boy or girl. I look up at my brother and ask him, he tells me. A huge smile spreads across my face, I look down at my baby and I am so happy. I tell Loki he can pick the child's middle name, he tells me a name I know why I love him so. He gives our child a middle name that means so much to me. We decide to name our child that, Loki then goes with Nick help with the birth certificate. I hear them talking about all the things they could do with the child. I couldn't help but laugh at the men talking like some teenagers. I look down at my baby in my arms and smile. This child means more to me than I can even imagine. I caress my child's small temple, the baby yawns and leans its head more closely to my chest. I lean my chin on my child's head and rock my baby back and forth in my arms. I close my eyes and listen to my child's quiet breathing. I give a small smile, this baby makes me feel content. I am truly and utterly happy now. That is something I thought I would only even feel with Loki. Of course this child is half him so it would make sense. I eventually fall asleep with my child in my arms.

        My son, Perseus Flynn Laufeyson.