Malachai Nicholas Laufeyson

My second birth was much more easy than my first. I think the main reason was because I had done it once before. About an hour after I gave birth, to my second son Malachai, I told Loki to get Percy so he could meet his new brother. Percy came in and sat on my knees, I held Malachai in my arms and I looked at my eldest son. "He's your brother." I say leaning towards him, Percy smiles and his face lightens up at the news. He crawls over to me and is on both his knee's looking at his brother. Malachai looks quite a bit like Loki as well, he had the same icy blue eyes and raven hair that Loki and I both had. He had my nose and smile though. Malachai was much more quiet than Percy was, he was such a happy peaceful baby. "Can I-I-I-I hold him mommy?" Percy asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes, but you have to stay close to me okay?" Percy nods furiously.

        He then sits in between my legs and I carefully maneuver Malachai over his head. I set my youngest son in Percy's arms and I show him how to hold his brother. Loki is sitting on the end of the bed beaming at the three of us. I know he's thinking about how happy he is that he not only has one son but two. Loki then comes over and sits by me while placing an arm around me, he then kisses my temple gingerly and puts his forehead against it. I smile and look down at my two sons in my lap. "Mommy?" Percy says looking up at me.

"Yes sweetheart?" I ask him.

"What's his name?"

"Malachai Nicholas Laufeyson."

"Is h-h-h-he named after uncle Nick?" he looks at me with is big blue eyes.

"Yes." I say smiling at him.

"Mommy?" Percy looks down at him. "Is his name Malegau?"

"Malachai." I tell him and then I think of a name for Percy to call him, "Why don't you call him Chai (k-eye)?" I tell him.

"Okay," He says still looking at his brother, "Hi Chai, were are gonna has so much fun *gasps* when your big enough to run."

        I cannot help but smile and Loki pulls me closer to him. "We make some good children." He says in my ear. I grab his hand and caress it with my thumb. 

"Yes we do." I say grinning.

        "Malachai!" Loki says annoyed. You see unlike Percy, Chai like's to grab things. He loves to pull on mine and Loki's hair, for a baby he has a grip. I look up at my husband over my book, he;s trying as hard as he can to keep Chai's hands away from his hair. I smile and laugh, I pull my hair back and grab my youngest nine month old son from Loki. I set him on my hip and put my ponytail over my shoulder and let him pull on it. Percy liked to pull my hair too, not nearly as much as Chai though. Being a mother I have become immune to children pulling my hair. "How does that not annoy you?" Loki asks me, his eyebrows connecting with his eyes.

"I'm used to it." I tell him, "It doesn't bother me anymore."

        Loki comes over to the couch I'm on and places an arm around me. I just continue my reading let Loki play with Chai. Not long after Percy comes running in and plops himself down on Loki's lap. My god I wish for a daughter. I love my son's dearly but a daughter would be absolutely wonderful. 

        Percy runs around our family chambers and is followed by Chai. Percy runs as fast as he can, Chai just wobbled along on his chubby little legs trying to keep up with his big brother. I smile as I see this, I love that Percy is so calm and helpful to his little brother. I also love how Chai wants to always be with Percy. They are always together, Percy always makes Chai laugh so hard it becomes high pitch. Loki and I are very busy with our son's, however we still manage to find time for ourselves. I remember the first time Loki and I were away when Chai was born, I was constantly worried that something would happen to them. Loki and I eventually..um... did the husband wife deed in the garden. I refuse to say where, just use your imagination. 

        Chai then falls and start's to cry, I walk quickly over to my son. I scoop him up in my arms and hold his head to my chest and he immediately stops crying. Just as Percy did when he was a baby, I rock Chai back and forth while holding him close to me. I eventually start to hear his breathes become easy, I then realize that he is asleep. I bring him into his nursery and let him sleep. I then walk out and see Percy playing all alone. I walk to my son and we start to play with the blocks that Loki and I got him when he was young. Loki then comes in the room and starts to play with us. After about an hour of playing, Loki asks Percy to help him with some king business. They then leave and I stay here with Chai, I read my book for a while.

        I then start to hear Chai cry, I close my book and get him. Once Chai has calmed down. He and I go to the library and find Loki and Percy reading somethings. Since Percy is now three, Loki thought it would be good to teach him how to read. Loki looks up and see's Chai and I standing in the doorway. He motions for me to join him, for a couple of hours the three of us spend reading, laughing and smiling to our hearts content.

        I finally feel like I have a true family, with my son's and husband.