macaron

chapter 2

✧✧✧

Spending my five days of the week creating spectacular desserts and endless menus of beverages was pleasing at most. Satisfying to see content smiles on every customers face as they left with their wanted item. It seems just like yesterday when I first applied for the job. Fresh out of community college with an associates degree in the culinary arts. Being a pastry chef was my calling ever since that unforgettably embarrassing day in middle school. Trying oh so hard to impress my crush of two years with his favorite cookies. Without having to repeat such a memory, it's simple to say that the cookies didn't end up in his mouth and rather on the floor, as delicious as they truly were. Being a klutz was also my calling. But nearly a year later and many pastries down the line, The Lights became my second home.

"Hey sweetie, what can I get for you?"

It was always refreshing to see new faces. Because you'll never know who could walk through those doors. And today, the cutest customer just appeared behind the counter, tip-toeing as high as she could to peek into the glass display. Hands flat against the transparent barrier, she stared in wonder as her eyes took in the various French desserts that were on display in our display window we named 'France'.

"Mommy! The pink one!"

Happiness glistened in her mother's eyes as she watched her daughter in merriment.

"I guess we'll have some macarons."

Her mother spoke with a voice sweeter than honey and softer than cotton itself. I could almost see the burst of excitement on the little cutie pie's face as her eyes lit up of joy.

"You know sweetie, if you tell me which flavor you want, I may be able to give you something special."

Eyes opened ever so widely. Smiling happily, she ran around her mother and leaped up to the counter.

"Can I have one pink-sandwich-thingy please!" 

And eventually, seeing the happiness practically radiating off of the delighted little girl as her and her mother left The Lights, hand in hand with nothing but a bag full of pink-sandwich-thingy's and a sweet delicacy of a fresh chocolate chip cookie in her dainty hand. It truly was everything. A sight that could make ones heart warm up instantly and change the entirety of ones day.

Perhaps all customers had that effect on people. Because bringing my attention to the next customer, I nearly felt every limb of my body drop. I was suddenly five times as heavier as before. And if it weren't for those captivating eyes of his, then maybe I could have been a little more closer to "being okay".

"J-Jungkook."

It felt almost stupid of me really. To have only met him face to face just last night, yet I was already knowledgeably accustomed to his name.

"Morning Kari."

There it was again. That menacingly sweet smile that so effortlessly brought those extreme tingles to my insides. Who knew such a smile could do such things.

"Good morning. What can I get you?"

"How about some of those pink-sandwich-thingy's?"

I couldn't help but suddenly laugh at the request. And as my eyes took the time to scan over the epitome of beauty standing before me with such alluring eyes, it felt almost sinful of me to merely look his way. The shimmer in his eyes was riveting and the certain glow to his skin that the café's lights were able to produce was jaw-dropping. Most certainly aiding in me catching a glimpse of the ink that peaked from beneath the black material of his simple graphic tee (just along the side of what seemed to be his neck) that displayed the word 'honey' multiple times, all in different fonts and a wide variety colors.

"Okay then, a few pink-sandwich-thingy's. Anything else?"

Then the sudden twitch in the corner of his lips was all I could focus on. His smile morphed into a smirk, and for a good second, I could've sworn I thought I was done for. Never has anyone ever smirked my way. Let alone a guy as ravishing as Jungkook.

"Actually..."

His voice was suddenly softer than before. And with a simple glide of his hand behind his neck, he was instantly another person. A stranger, if you will.

"...I was wondering if you were free later tonight."

Free? As in, not working? As in...a date?

"M-My shift doesn't end till three today—"

"Three? I can do three. Could you maybe..meet me at the tattoo parlor across the street?"

✧✧✧

a/n: oh yikes haven't updated in forever.
sorry bout that. 💗