le miel

chapter 19

✧✧✧

His skin was soft beneath my touch. He sat before me, eyes leveled with my own as I focused all of my attention on the ink that dressed his soft honey skin. Like velvet it was, smooth with imperfections; only making it as flawless as ever.

The tips of my fingers trailed the intricate line work that wrapped around his forearm; absolutely loving the way his arm flinched ever so slightly upon my gentle graze. It was the first ink work that intrigued me that night in The Lights. From his hand to his bicep, the ink traveled; seeping along his skin like ink on cloth. Slowly coming to an end.

I was fascinated.

"Did it hurt?"

It came out as a whisper but I really just couldn't find the strength to speak. I was overwhelmed.

"No."

Such a simple response for something so extravagant. The ink is permanent. But are the feelings as well? My fingers trailed up his arm, tracing the bumps and curves of his muscles; his biceps especially. I forced my eyes to admire his skin rather than the eyes that's followed my every move just inches away from my own. It was all too enticing. I was too eager to look into his eyes but I was nothing but horrified at the possibilities. I wouldn't be able to control myself if I got lost within the depths of his brown orbs.

Standing before him as he sat upon the edge of his bed had its advantages. But standing in between his legs was my dreadful mistake. Feeling his hands clasp onto my sides, I let my breath escape from my lips; accepting the proximity, the touch and the feelings that were soon going to engulf my being. So I spoke again,

"Why'd you order a dozen cookies earlier?"

He smirked, bringing his right hand up to my face like before, brushing his thumb across the apple of my cheek as if it were his to claim.

"I wanted to see you. I had a feeling you'd be wearing yellow today."

And I was. My favorite yellow top with my favorite denim skirt. It was the best outfit in my closet, but it was now becoming the culprit to the endless adoring eyes from none other than the man himself.

I couldn't help but stare back into his eyes this time; loving the warmth that settled within them. They were oh so inviting, practically calling my name as I stepped closer towards him. Now feeling his thighs spreading further apart for my form to stand in between such muscular limbs; I was lucky enough to have a mid-thigh length skirt. 

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to kiss you right now."

He licked his lips,

"And I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to do so much more."