croissant

chapter 10

✧✧✧

He never stopped. Trailing away from my lips and kissing his way into the depths of my neck, he wasted no time to mark his territory; claiming me as his seeming almost fun for him.

His name nearly slipped off my tongue in a shaky plead, but as his hands roamed my backside, I found myself giving in more than I offered at first. With his hands now at my hip, he used barely an ounce of his strength and lifted me off the ground; now clutching onto his waist like a frightened koala. Which I truly was at the moment. My back greeted the elevator wall behind me with a soft thud, earning a chuckle from the tatted male.

"My bad."

I could feel myself losing to his touch and devotion. The ding of the elevator wasn't enough to pull us apart as he only managed to hit random numbers on the panel near the doors. He was locked in. Completely invested in what started out as a kiss but was now much more than what either of us had planned for. Until he stopped.

Panting, he kept his lips away from my own, forehead glued against mine and breath hotter than before.

"S-Sorry, for that."

"Don't be."

"I shouldn't have done that."

"Why?"

"Because I know I wouldn't have stopped."

Now, as I stand at the front counter of The Lights, waiting for customers to walk through those doors, I can't help but think back to the previous night. How we shared such an enticingly intimate moment, only for it to be wiped out of existence. And how he do graciously drove me home and apologized for what happened in the elevator. It almost left me angered.

"Kari, if I have to say your name one more damn time, then going to throw this croissant at your face."

I snapped from my thoughts and shot Yuna a glare. After all, it was bad enough of her to point out the faint but noticeable hickey that displayed itself on my neck. Courtesy of mister Jeon Jungkook. And if that wasn't enough, she just wouldn't stop going on about how I finally got laid. In which—although I wished it did—didn't happen.

"Are you still thinking about it? Come on Kari, he's across the street. Just go over and talk to him about—"

"Are you crazy? He should come here and talk to me if anything. He's the one who had my hopes way too high in the sky. I was mentally preparing myself for everything. And he hits me with an apology? I'm fucking ruined."

"You're being dramatic."

It was easy for her to say as she wiped down a display window from the other side of the counter. But in the distance, just behind her shoulder, the familiar tatted male made its way into my view. Closer and closer as he made his way to the front doors, until his hand finally fell upon the door handle and pushed the door open.

"Yuna, take his order I'm—"

"Welcome! Kari will take your order as soon as you're ready."

✧✧✧

a/n: i really do love jungkook with all of my heart and being. gosh im constantly heart eyes for his ass. help me (nah don't).