dango

chapter 23

✧✧✧

A day off had its perks. Although, my poor financially unstable self had no idea what such perks were. Shopping was out of the question as nearly all of my paycheck goes straight to the rent and student loans—god forsaken students loans. And with barely a third of my paycheck left for my freedom and galavanting, it was risky of me to do what I wanted to do oh so badly. Shopping was forbidden.

Which is why I found myself walking into Kuro79. As most relationships go, the girlfriend surprises the boyfriend at his workplace. Surprising him with a nice batch of freshly made dango from The Lights was my plan. But I was a rookie. This was a test that would determine how dumb I am when it comes to dating. Whether this was good or bad, I was going to find out.

"Hello! Welcome to—oh! Hey Kari."

It was him. Éclair boy. Jungkook's buddy with the dirty-blonde hair and endearing smile.

"Hey Taehyung."

"You're here for Jungkook huh?"

I nodded shamelessly. And he could tell just how shy I was from his assumption.

"You actually came at the perfect time. He just finished up a tattoo for one of our regulars. It was a bigger session this time around so he's sorta trying to squeeze in a nap in his so called 'office'. If you head down that hall, you'll find him."

As he rambled on, I nodded to show I understood everything he was spitting out at me. So waving him a timid goodbye, I took the path he mentioned and walked down the hall, happily awaiting to see mister tattoos. And to my—not so surprise—I found him sitting in a desk-chair, spinning around slowly with his face glued to a cellphone. And a nice look of exhaustion painted across his face.

"Knock knock, your dango delivery has arrived."

It was nice seeing his face light up at the sudden sound of my voice. His cellphone landed onto his black desk; instantly standing up from his rolling desk-chair with enthusiasm. Watching him duh towards me was nerve wracking. But soon enough, he snatched me up into his arms and just for a moment—I felt my feet leave the floor.

"Hey sweetness."

He mumbled near my ear as he lifted me up in a hug. I guess the plan worked—I passed my own test.

"What are you doing here?"

Well how was I supposed to answer that? My clingy ass missed you even thought we spent the night together? I couldn't say that. I couldn't even utter it if I wanted to. What the fuck did he expect me to say?

"Breakfast. I wanted to say thank you."

It was a decent save. But the obvious glare in his eyes were too evident and intimidating. Because he knew I was lying. I almost hated how well he could read me.

"You're welcome. But I feel like there's more you want to say?"

Shit.

"No? Nothing much."

"Kari."

"I'm serious."

"Kari—as much as I love your flushed cheeks, they seem to happen all too often and I'd like to know why."

I nearly shivered at the glisten of his eyes as they stared into my own contently. As intense of a gaze as it was, I felt myself practically melting in his grasp—limbs turning to noodles and brain liquifying to goop.

"Sweetness..."

The nickname—as it left his lips—managed to bring me back to reality. And if it wasn't for that, I'd be standing here all day long, lost in thought and wishing I was dead. But he let out a sigh, a content sigh, as he leaned back into his desk and took a seat at its edge. Still in his grasp, he held me by the hips; allowing me to tower over him but not too much. Height was an incredible difference with us.

"...do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

Do I mind? It was like the first time we spoke to each other—person to person.

"No."

"Good—and you promise to answer full heartedly without feeling embarrassed?"

"Embarrassed?"

He nodded, "It's just me and you sweetness. So I want you to answer everything I ask you without feeling pressured or judged."

I couldn't speak. I was nervous to say the least. So nodding was my best option. And he smiled;

"Good girl."

I'm sorry what?

✧✧✧

a/n: transitions are my favorite. y'all already know that 🤩. BUT YOOO I HATE JUNGKOOK SO MUCH BRUH

 BUT YOOO I HATE JUNGKOOK SO MUCH BRUH—

i want to die. he's serving these looks when i already have too much shit on my plate

 he's serving these looks when i already have too much shit on my plate

LMAO😂😂I WANT TO🤤FUCKING👺👺CHOKE🤑🤑🤤🤩🤩🤩🤑🎉🎉