Chapter 5: More Future To See

{Future Leah's POV}

Another day, another struggle.

I have been doing this since I was six, and I'm sixteen now. It's been ten years. And I still hate it.

Well, I don't hate it. I love it. I just hate the daily grind, instead of going out and doing quests like we're meant to.

Agent Brittlyn says we'll go and do more quests eventually. I've so far had a quest a year. I hate it a lot, I'd rather be out there, maybe even finding out my heritage.

Lady Hera has always told us that she's saved us from normal legacy life. She says that demigods don't respect legacies like she does. She says that our parents were too busy to care for us and that they'd be dead before we were ten years old.

All I knew is that I had to get out of my bed and protect my siblings again. That I had to practice killing and saving lives. That I had to practice war.

As I walked through the corner of Olympus, I tried to find LJ, or possibly even Phoebe or Juliette, but not even Zoelle or Luke were visible. I noticed everyone was in the History Of Demigods classroom. I dashed in, realizing I was late.

Agent Brittlyn did not  look happy with me, but I took my seat next to Juliette and LJ anyway.

"Today we're learning about Annabeth Chase Jackson," Agent Brittlyn started, still glaring at me. She was no older than twenty-four, and the oldest one of us Junior Legacies is twenty. That being Juliette and Phoebe.

Annabeth Chase Jackson. I had always found her story interesting, how she fell in love with a guy who she originally hated. How she fell into Tartarus. How she found the Mark of Athena.

I knew that I was a legacy of Poseidon and Athena. Everybody knew what gods they were legacies of. But none of us are children of the seven or anyone famous, we're told that from a young age. My last name is  Jackson though, which is a funny coincidence.

Agent Brittlyn dragged on, but I was far distracted by Griffin Grace. I like him a lot, but gods, why did he have to be my best friend's brother? I can't date  LJ's brother.

I turned and looked at Juliette. She was fidgeting with a long back-length brown braid, and her glasses were slipping off her face. Juliette Ramirez, and apparently she had a longer name that HBLS Agents wouldn't tell her. I knew that's all twenty year old Juliette Ramirez wanted to know: her past.

On the other side of me was Lara Jean Reyna Grace. Her blonde hair was medium-length now, but messy as she cut it herself. Her eyes were a mix of blue and pink, but they change. Like, they're always blue, but they always mix with some kind of color.

The clock said 9:34. We could ditch this class, I mean all that could happen is Agent Brittlyn getting mad at me. I'd rather be training with Agent Ryanne. But Agent Ryanne never is around anymore. All I'd get was Agent Sydella.

I rolled my eyes and blew the blonde hair out of my face. I wasn't the one who got the Athena powers, that's for sure. 

As I looked around, I recognized everyone. Bianca Soldiangelo (it's Solace di Angelo, but secretssss), Marietta Zhang, who was now only ten-ish, Landon Rodriguez, and it made me wonder where Luke and Zoelle went. Probably doing some advanced class thingy.

I couldn't take it. I grabbed Juliette and LJ's arms, smirked at Agent Brittlyn, who scowled, and left the classroom.

"Leah! We're going to get killed  if we keep ditching Agent Brittlyn's classes!" LJ scolded.

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon LJ. Let's go find Agent Ryanne, maybe she can tell us more," I begged.

"Are you sure Leah? I mean, I want to know about my past more than anyone, but we can't go and ask her about it. What if Lady Hera caught us? Or even Agent Brittlyn, Agent Sydella, or Agent Lorelai?" Juliette pointed out.

"We have to, Jules. C'mon, I mean, don't you want to go on the Sacred Quest? The Sacred Quest has to happen this year. Don't you want to be one of the Sacred Twelve? The prophecy that we're fighting to help fulfill? The prophecy that's on the back of these IDs? C'mon Juliette, we have to."

The Sacred Quest was a big deal. We were told that this quest would tell us everything about our past. That this would save our lives and teach our stories to us.

"Fine," Juliette muttered. "Fine, fine okay."

LJ lead us to the training arena. She smiled at Agent Ryanne, who was practicing on a sword dummy. Agent Ryanne smiled back.

"Hey Loopy Lara! And Jumpy Julie! Oh my gods, is that Little Leah? I haven't seen you in forever! Come over here," Agent Ryanne smiled.

I ran over and gave Agent Ryanne a hug. She still used our dumb nicknames, I guess. She was the oldest Agent here, maybe twenty-nine or thirty.

"So, are you here for a training lesson?" Agent Ryanne asked.

Juliette shook her head. "Actually, Agent Ryanne, we came for a history lesson."

Agent Ryanne frowned. She shook her head. "Girls, my job is training lessons. You know what happened last time I gave a history lesson. Those are Agent Brittlyn's job and Agent Brittlyn's job only. I can't, as much as you want me to."

"C'mon, please? Agent Brittlyn won't tell us anything about our parentage or Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter. You will. You knew our parents, you said. You said you went to Camp Half-Blood. We won't tell anyone. Please, Agent Ryanne?" LJ begged.

Agent Ryanne sighed. "Okay, I'll tell you a little bit."

The three of us listened to Agent Ryanne attentively. "I came to camp at eight years old. Your parents were ten years older than me, all of you. They were amazing people, if only you got to meet them."

"Did they die?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh gods no. The gods or the Fates wouldn't dare kill them early. They need them for survival."

"Why's that? It's not like they're the seven. We were told that multiple times."

Agent Ryanne sighed. "Listen, girls-"

"Leah! Leah!!" I heard a little voice call. I turned to see Meggie Stoll, Matt Stoll, and Marietta Zhang running up to us.

"Yes, Meggie?" I asked.

"Amber Dare! She - she's telling the Sacred Quest prophecy!"

My eyes grew wide as I sped after Meggie, Matt, and Marietta.