Chapter 9: Oh Sacred Ping-Pong Table

Y'all, I'm getting way too much love for this story. Thank you SO much!!!

(Percy)

The Big House was buzzing.

There were about twenty campers around the ping-pong table alone, not to mention Chiron or Mr. D, or even the legacies. Vera Anderson from Demeter Cabin was frantically trying to calm down said legacies, because they had absolutely no clue what was happening. At this point, neither do I.

James Gregory from Aphrodite Cabin was trying to explain what was happening to Chiron and Mr. D, who couldn't stop laughing. He probably thought it was hilarious that Annabel Face had three kids with Peter Johnson.

"Quiet, QUIET!" Chiron yelled. I'm sure at this point, demigods knew to listen to him, and they did.

"We are told that these legacies have...special  relations to some of our demigods. We were also told that Thalia, well, future Thalia, has left us a diary for help. Piper, would you like to read from it?"

Piper nodded. "Sure, Chiron." She opened the book.

Zeus,

Chiron suggested I write my feelings out, and, like Luke, I think it'll work.

Phoebe visited again about a week ago, she would've been 15 now. I'm glad that of anywhere she would be, she's in the Hunt, with Lady Artemis.

It's not like I don't miss Phoebe. Of course I do. The best sister/daughter a sister of Artemis could ask for. But she chose her own path, and I respect that and I'm glad she chose that path.

The Jacksons came over today. All still dorks, as per usual. But new news: Annabeth's pregnant again, what a surprise. I'm happy, I'm happy, another godchild, but they don't know when to stop, gods.

But anyway, life has essentially been boring. Besides for all I just explained, of course. No monsters, no gods, no worries. And as a teenager, I would've killed for time like this. I  have killed for time like this. But it's boring now, and I kinda miss adventure. Maybe I shouldn't've given up the Hunt.

~ Thalia

"Woah, okay, that was a lot ," Annabeth muttered, face red from an earlier comment.

"Another passage, please, Piper."

Piper flipped to another page towards the back.

Zeus,

It's been 1 year since Phoebe died, and almost 5 months since the legacies of my best friends went missing.

It's been a lot, it's been a rough year, but we're getting through it. Katie gave birth recently to Miranda (Miry) Stoll, and she's really cute, I'll admit. 

I miss Phoebe, a whole heck of a lot. Juliette, too. I mean, Reyna hasn't been the same since, and I miss having a cool bestfriend like her.

It's not like I can't get over Phoebe or Juliette's death. It's easy to go along in my day without crying over them. It wasn't at first, but life now is different. I'm different, which is something I didn't think I'd say. 

I still get upset over their deaths, and I always will, just like any other normal human. But it's not a consistent pain that I can never get rid of. My friends...I don't think that's what's going to happen.

For one, Percy and Annabeth are the best relationship out of all of them: they're stuck together like superglue. They've done everything together, they've known each other for basically ever, and they're part of each other. And that's sappy, but true. Annabeth, not unlike I expected, won't show how she feels about the situation, and Percy is very obviously heartbroken, loyalty and jazz.

Jason and Piper are a different story. Sure, they're adorable, and really close to each other. They fight a lot though, recently pretty unhealthily. Jason was telling me how he's scared for their relationship-

Piper started choking up.

-and that she wants to stay with her. He says she's upset about their kids' disappearance and takes it out on him. He says she doesn't mean it, and that she doesn't do it on purpose. And I believe him, but that's how they're taking the disappearances.

Frank and Hazel are still heartbroken, of course. What else what they do? They're Frank and Hazel, for crying out loud

Leo and Calypso...I can't even imagine. Calypso was unable to have kids because of her island curse. Then Aphrodite blessed them, they had kids, and now, their boys are gone.

I don't think Nico will ever get over Bianca. Will might, but Nico won't ever, you can just tell.

Clarisse and Chris...who knows? Clarisse is tough, and I have no doubt she'll stay strong, but I don't know how she feels internally. In that way, she's very similar to me.

And finally, Katie and Travis. Katie and Travis will never get over their missing children. Travis would've, and I'm not happy to admit this, a great father, and Katie would've been a great mother.

It's strange to know that someone out there took the twelve kids specifically on their heritage. It doesn't take a child of Athena to figure that out. Maybe one day, our families will be back together. Maybe Phoebe and Juliette are still out there somewhere.

~ Thalia

"So. Our future's were just planned out for us," Piper said, shaking from tears she was trying to hide.

"This is...important information. Thank you, Piper," nodded Chiron. "Legacies, helpers, thank you for being here today. You may leave now. You twenty demigods, you're staying here. We're going to have a chat about your futures."