Chapter 17: Calm Hides A Storm

^^ aka, "calm hides a storm, but since the characters aren't calm, the storm is still very apparent and could kill us all"

i'm kinda back from my little hiatus! hope you enjoy the plot that i came up with in the shower :)

Enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Annabeth's POV)

It had been two days. I was sitting in my cabin alone, and at my desk, trying to figure out what the Hades could stop Hurricane Omega.

I'd barely seen Percy for the past few days, but I can't complain, because Piper hasn't seen Jason, Will hasn't seen Nico, and Frank hasn't seen Hazel in the same amount of time. Everyone was preparing, working quicker as the storm approached. 

Visitors for me and Malcolm had been completely restricted to just us. Both of us had been planning for days. Reading books, asking questions, researching, rereading books, re-asking questions. Everything in our power.

My first visitor in the past two days came at 9:58 pm. Don't ask how I remember.

Athena campers hadn't been using Cabin 6 for days, heck, I bet some hadn't even slept for days. They were all using and building the bunker. Malcolm and I had been the only campers in the cabin, and it'll stay that way for a while, even though we aren't even sleeping in it.

"Visitors are restricted right now, come back later!" Malcolm yelled. His yell made me flinch out of my half-awake state, and I continued flipping through some five thousand page book.

"Annabeth? There's, uh, a problem!"

I almost forgot my own name after all the stress. I had been getting a terrible headache, anyway. Something in me hoped that it was Percy, but I recognized the voice too quickly.

"Leo?" I asked.

"And Frank!" Frank spoke up. "There's a problem! Can we talk?"

I turned to Malcolm, but he shook his head. I started to walk over to the door anyway, and Malcolm rolled his eyes so hard they might've rolled off of his head.

Once I opened the door, I barely recognized Leo and Frank. Or, what was left of them.

Leo's face was covered in soot and ash, his hair was fried, and his clothes were burned through. Frank's shirt was completely ripped in half. Crimson red blood stained his shirt and covered his legs and hands. They were both a total mess.

I cursed. "Di Immortales, boys. What the Hades did you do ? Did you go to the infirmary?"

"The infirmary's filled, Will is swamped with patients. We'll survive," Frank shrugged.

"Περίμενε ένα λεπτό-"

"What does that mean?" Frank whispered to Leo.

"'Wait a minute.'"

"Okay, but tell me soon. I'm confused."

"No, it means-"

"Boys!" I spoke up. "Why is the infirmary filled?"

They looked to each other and sighed. "Well...some of the bunker was destroyed two hours ago."

I stumbled back. "Wait, what? How? How did I not hear ?"

"That's what we heard earlier," Malcolm said from behind me. "We thought it was the storm, remember? We got really stressed out about it."

"Oh my gods," I whispered. "Is everyone okay? The legacies? My siblings? Leo's  siblings?"