Oliviah

olive in media

      as i walked through the cold streets of tulsa i remembered all the times i had spent with my little brother and my parents. just in case you're wondering my name is oliviah. oliviah cade.

      i got out of jail a few days ago and decided to come back down to tulsa. i liked it up in washington where i was but tulsa was my home. you know?

      as i was walking i realized i had no clue where to find my brother. they had moved when i went up to washington. i decided i'd go to bucks to see if he knew where he'd be.

i ran up to the porch and opened the door. behind the bar was buck, as usual

"hey man" i greeted

"eh look who it is, the oldest cade. how are you peaches?" since i was little people had called me peaches. the first reason being i always smelled like peaches i still do, the second whenever someone would ask how i was doing i'd say 'just peachy' and the third that was my favorite color and fruit.

"pretty good since i got outta jail"

he laughed and pulled me in for a hug. "hey you got any clue where i can find johnny?"

"heard he's been hanging with the curtis's lately they live a few blocks away" he gave me their address and i started walking over there.

i walked up the steps to the house and knocked. a boy around my age answered, he was awfully handsome, but not my type.

"johnny here?" i asked

"yeah let me get him" he closed the door and from behind it i heard "hey johnny there's a hot chick here for ya"

i chuckled and looked down. a few seconds later the door opened and i saw my not so little brother. he had grown a lot since i last saw him.

"oliviah!" he yelled, wrapping me in a hug.

"hey kid" i laughed hugging him back. "can i come in? it's kinda cold"

"yeah sure come on" he let go of me and led me into the house.

"so when did ya get out of jail?"

"oh just a couple days ago"

"i thought you were in till you were 18"

"they let me out on good behavior"

"oh bet. you're the least well-behaved person i know" he said pushing my shoulder a little bit

"i can be good if i want to. i hated it there. hey, you gonna introduce me to your friends?" i asked, pointing to the boys with drool coming out of their mouths. "y'all might want to close your mouths before flies land in them" i suggested. they snapped shut.

"this is my sister oliviah"

"olive'' i corrected "i hate when people call me oliviah, jonathan" i snapped. he rolled his eyes and continued on. "well that's sodapop the one who answered the door, that's two-bit" he winked at me i laughed "that's ponyboy soda's brother, you know steve already, and that's dallas. darry is cooking dinner right now he's soda and ponyboys older brother"

"hey" i waved.

"what were you in jail for?" ponyboy asked. i took a deep breath in "robbery, possession of a firearm, and vandalism."

"you ever used that gun?" he asked

"yeah a couple times"

"have you ever shot anyone!?"

i heard steve laugh "she shot me in the leg"

"it was an accident, asswipe" i whined

he laughed at me again and i pulled out my switchblade and looked at him. his eyes went wide and he shut up. apparently he didn't see the playful look in my eyes.

"you remind me of dallas" soda said. johnny laughed

"now that i think about it she does"

"hey how's mom and dad?" i saw all the color drain from johnny's face.

"i-i don't want to talk about it"

"they hit him" i heard dally say.

"the fuck you mean they hit him?" i asked angrily "they hit you johnny?" he nodded slowly. i felt the rage build up. "come on" i said angrily. the guys looked up at me. "what? you can come too if you want"