Star Gazing

"what are you doing here?"

"i was bored and my room is right across from here" dally nodded his head and went back to smoking his cigarette.

"can i have one?" i asked. he handed me one and lit it for me. i took a deep breath of the smoke.

"come on, i wanna show you something" dally said suddenly. i looked at him confused. "you'll like it. can i drive your car?"

"sure"

"let's go then"

he got in the driver's side while i sat in the passenger seat. it was weird. i've never let anyone drive my car.

"you know, i've never let anyone drive my car" i smiled

"well i'm glad to be the first" he said with a lopsided grin. i smiled back and put my seatbelt on. he started driving, and we sat in a comfortable silence for about ten minutes until he asked, "you know why i'm taking you here?"

"No"

"Neither do i"

"hey dal?"

"nhm"

"how long have my parents been abusing iohnny?"

"two years"

"two fucking years?" i asked. he nodded and kept driving. "a year after i left" scoffed. "that's fucked." i sat for a moment in silence. "sometimes i think about having iohnny go live up in washington with me. but then i realized how happy he is to have you guys taking care of him. i honestly don't think he'd ever meet anyone else as great as you guys." i stopped. "even steve" i finished laughing. 

I really like this one lmao

he looked over at me and smiled a genuine smile. the kind of smile someone could fall for.
it wasn't until he smiled over at me did i realize the car had stopped. we were parked on some sort of bluff.

"where are we?" i asked.

"i don't know what it's called. come on"

i followed him and he led me to a clearing. it was absolutely beautiful. the sky was so clear. you could see each star perfectly and how they blended together. i stared up in awe at the sight. i honestly have never seen something more beautiful in my life.

"holy shit" i whispered "how did you find this dallas?"

"driving. decided to stop here. i've been coming here ever since."

"why would you take me of all people?"

"you seem like the type to be into it"

"you're right"

"i know you really don't do hugs but oh well" i said, walking over and hugging him. he surprisingly hugged me back.

"thank you winston