hold on

all of the boys (except for darry) were absolutely ecstatic about getting a new, colorized tv. while i was watching them set it up, darry pulled me off to the side. 
"what were you thinking?!"
"what?" i asked confusedly. 
"that is way too expensive, oliviah. we don't need you to buy things for us"
i let out a small scoff. "i wanted to. it's not a problem and you dont have to pay me back. think of it as like an early birthday present"
"you're not getting the point ol-"
"NO darry, YOU'RE not getting the point. i wanted to do something nice for my friends that makes them happy. you know they're never going to experience life outside of tulsa. outside of this" i said gesturing to the town. "i want them to at least be content, okay?" 
"look, i know oliviah. i want them to be happy too. i just" he paused and pinched the bridge of his nose "i just don't want you to feel like you need to help us and buy us stuff, alright?"
"i know, darry. i just really wanted to see them happy with this"
"I know" he said while pulling me in for a hug. i hugged him back and patted his arm. just then, from inside the house, i heard my name being called. "hey uh, olive? could you come help us?"
as i opened the door i heard a slap noise and someone saying "dude! we don't need help"
i couldn't help but to laugh as i walked inside and into the living room to help them. 

   a couple hours later, we were all sitting in front of the t.v. watching gilligan's island in color. i had already seen this episode a million times, but hearing the gangs voices and how excited they were, made me want to watch it with them a million more. 
   during the commercial break, i stood up and stretched a little. i was about to walk to the kitchen to get a drink, when i felt someone pull on my hand. i looked down and noticed dally staring up at me with an innocent look in his eye. "where you goin'?"
"get a drink"
"get me one?" he asked. i nodded my head and watched as he smiled, which made me smile in return. "what?" dallas asked when he realized i was smiling back. i shook my head and walked to the kitchen, his smile a picture burned into my brain. 
   while in the kitchen, my mind wandered back to when dal said "it's not a forever thing" i knew it shouldn't hurt, but for some reason it did. before i got too sad by overthinking again, i decided to try and make the most of what we had now. 
   when i walked back into the living room, the boys were all in the same places as before, watching the commercials. i smiled to myself knowing that something as simple as a new t.v. brightened up their lives. i felt really good knowing i was the source. as i handed dally his drink, i remembered that the fair was this weekend. 
"hey, are you guys busy this weekend? i was wondering if you wanted to go to the fair or something with me"
"too expensive. we can't ride any rides" ponyboy sighed. 
"i'll pay for one of those wristbands so we can all ride the rides and play games"
"i don't think we're working this weekend" sodapop said while motioning towards steve. 
"I guess i'll come too" two-bit said. 
"i want to" johnny added. 
"dally?" i asked. he looked up at me 
"what?"he asked. i guess he hadn't been listening. 
"you gonna come to the fair with me?"
"sure" 
"cool! we can all meet here then walk there" i said as the show came back on. the boys all nodded and set their focus back on the t.v. dally pulled me into his lap and set his head on my shoulder as we watched the show. i never wanted this moment to end. we were all happy and content with where we were, which was rare for them. this was like a break in their chaotic lives. 

i loved this 

sorry for mistakes lol. hope you enjoyed this chapter :D