What Carl needs is medication, a near-death experience, or a lobotomy

"Didn't Fiona tell you to stop electrocuting Anne's dolls?" Debbie sighs as she hands me a glass of Apple juice.
"They have to pay for their sins." He replies, staring down my doll.
"Anne? You're just going to let this happen?" Debbie asks me. I nod my head. Carl is the dominant twin. I trust him. Suddenly, the power cuts off. I hold onto Carl's arm.
"Damn it! Carl!" Fiona yells from upstairs. Carl and I rush to the window to see Hector at the electric pole.
"It's not me! Hector's at the pole again!" Carl responds.
A few minutes go by, and we are all outside in the cold, trying to bargain with Hector.
"Hey, Hector... is there any way that you could..." Fiona starts.
"I can't this time, Fiona. It's the third red notice this year. I'm sorry."
"Not the first time we got shut off; won't be the last," Debbie says.
"Is there any way that you can scrape the money together today?" Hector asks
"Yeah. We have it. She just forgot to pay it." Debbie replies before Fiona could.
"I took an extra shift yesterday, and I just spaced it."
"Call my cell phone when you pay it, I'll swing back at the end of the day."
"Thanks, Hector." Fiona sighs as Hector leaves.

As Carl and I eat breakfast, we hear a knock at the door. Debbie answers it before we could get up, so we just go back to eating.
"Carl, eat. Don't organize, okay? After you eat them, they all end up in the same place." Debbie comes into the room. "Who was at the door?" Fiona asks.
"Warren for Lip," Debbie replies, standing in front of the fridge.
"Don't worry about the ketchup and stuff. Just the milk and the meat."
"All right, enough hot water for at least one more shower," Steve says walking down the stairs. I shower at night, so I'm okay.
"Did Carl blow up the neighborhood again?"
"No, I forgot to pay the bill."
"Hey. Happens to the best of us." Steve says to cheer her up.
"Not to me, okay? I-I'm not like this."
"Like what? Distracted."
"Yeah"
"By what?"
"Well, you're the only new thing in the mix."
"Wait, am I actually distracting Fiona Gallagher? Really!"
"I... hey... I will make a coffee run after I finish."
"Fine."
"Okay?"
"Time for school, okay?" I get up and put my bowl in the sink. Carl pulls out a piece of paper from his backpack.
"Teacher told me to give this to you." Carl hands the paper to Fiona and grabs my hand. He starts leading me to the door.
"Wait. What did you do?"
"Nothing." He always does something, so there is really no point in lying.
"This is from last Friday. It's Wednesday! Anne, why didn't you give it to me?!"
"I didn't even know he had it, I promise," I whisper.
"Wait, whoa, what'd he do?"
"Nothing," Carl says, grabbing the family bat.
"Hey, bat stays here." Carl zips my jacket up, and we walk to school.

Once Carl and I get into our classroom, we take our usual seats in the back. I start immediately on my English since everything is self-paced for me. Ms. Foree starts talking. I don't look up, because I need to be as far ahead as possible.
"Class. This is Gilbert. I want you all to make him feel welcome. Gilbert, you can have a seat in the back next to Anne Gallagher." I still don't look up. These vocabulary words aren't gonna learn themselves.
"Hey. I'm Carl. That's my twin sister, Anne."
"Gilbert. I just moved here from Canada." Oh wow. That's actually interesting. But I can't take a liking into this boy. I have to stay focused.
"Anne?" Ms. Foree asks. I look up from my book. "I just want to pass on some information. Mr. Carter won't be in class today. He said if you need help with anything, you can either ask me or email him." I nod, put earbuds in, and continue with my work. That Gilbert kid kept staring at me. I don't know why, but it was kinda distracting.
As lunch rolled around, I finally looked up from my work for the first time that day. I look to my right to see Carl flicking a rubber band on his leg. I then look to my left, but quickly look away because that Gilbert boy was still staring. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to Gilbert.
"Can I eat with you at lunch?" He whispers. I held up my pointer finger and turned to Carl, tapping his arm. He looks up with concern and looks me over.
"Can Gilbert eat lunch with us? He asked me, but I want to make sure you're okay with it." Carl looks to Gilbert, then back to me.
"Yeah. But only because I don't want him turning into an asshole like the rest of the people in here." I smile at him and turn back to Gilbert, who is still waiting for an answer. I nod my head, yes, and he smiles at me.
Suddenly, the bell rings for us to go to lunch. I jump at the sudden noise because Ms. Foree usually warns me.
"Sorry, Anne! I lost track of time." I just smile at her, indicating that I forgive her. Carl, Gilbert, and I start walking to the lunchroom. It's nice having another person to eat with. But I can't get used to it. Holly or one of her friends is going to rip Gilbert away. Then it'll just be Carl and me again.