The world isn't going to revolve around Anne

"It has to be E-6. It's the only spot left big enough for a carrier." Debbie points out.
"No, it's not..." Carl argues.
"Yes, it is. You're cheating again!"
"No, I'm not!"
"Carl, Anne go back to your room. Debbie, go to sleep. School tomorrow." Fiona demands from the baby monitor in the room. I hate that she's over there with Steve. I wish we were with them. Monica and that other woman are terrible. Since Fiona didn't give Carl money for my fruit, I didn't get to eat any. I know that doesn't sound like a bad thing, but it is when my FA has kicked in. I was given fruit every single night with dinner, and now, I can barely go without it.
"We're almost done." Debbie whines.
"You all brush your teeth?"
"Yes...!" All 3 of us say.
"Carl? Go. Now. Night, Carl. Night, Anne."
"Night, Fiona. Love you."
"Love you, Fiona," I say right after Carl.
"Love you, too. And no reading under the covers." I hear from outside Debbie's room.

The next morning, we all woke up late. Lip promised to wake us up, but I guess he slept through his alarm. We're supposed to wake up at 7:15, but we all slept in until 7:35. When Carl and I entered the kitchen, we see Lip and Monica cooking breakfast, while Roberta sat at the kitchen table.
"You have your papers?" Lip asks me. I hand him two pieces of paper from my backpack.
"Monica. Carl and Anne need something from you. Here." Lip hands her our permission slip.
"What? What's this?" Monica asks. Wow. Mother of the year. It's obvious if you read the title on the page.
"Permission slip." Lip answers.
"Oh. You're going to the aquarium! When?"
"Today. We need ten dollars. Each." Carl replies.
"What for?"
"Admission fee."
"School doesn't pay for that?" Roberta asks. Obviously not if we're asking for it. Fiona had saved up for it and was going to give us the cash this morning, but since she's not here, this is the best we can do.
"No, and they'll need money for food," Lip says.
"Grab them an instant oatmeal and a Pop-Tart. Makes a great lunch."
"Can't do that Bob. One of Anne's triggers is pop tarts." We used to eat them all the time as snacks. At least 3 times a week. It's one of the few foods that trigger me.
"Triggers for what?" She asks with sass.
"Something that you don't need to know about because you're not a part of this family." Lip shoots back.
"Deb, what are you doing?" Monica asks as Debbie starts putting supplies together.
"I'm looking for a poster board and markers. I'm running for re-election." Ian walks down the stairs while looping his belt around his waist.
"Ian, could you help her? If you all would tell me these things the night before, it would be a little better in the morning."
"I don't wanna hear it, Monica." I spit out her name. Everyone stops what they were doing. I've never talked back before. And honestly, it's scaring me. "You just got here. Fiona has us sit down with her after dinner at the beginning of the week to tell her everything that's going on. Maybe if you were an actual mother, you would know how things work around here." Lip drops his jaw and smiles. Everyone starts to go back to what they were doing.
"I'm proud of you, you know that?" Carl whispers in my ear.
"I need 40 bucks." Lip pipes up.
"No." Roberts spits.
"Bob, do you have a five?" Monica asks.
"In... in my wallet. Where it's gonna stay."
"Look, I need a new calculus textbook. I can get it used; only costs 20."
"Where are our lunches?" Ian asks.
"Huh? Um..." We all look at Monica.
"What is everybody looking at? Start spreading peanut butter on bread."
"So... Okay. Where's the jelly?"
"Um... Okay! Everyone... We won't be here when you get home from school." Monica announces.
"Why?" Debbie asks.
"What?"
"Fiona always tells us why," Carl explains. "Anne likes to know for homework purposes."
"None of your damn business why."
"Bob!" Monica scolds.
"The world isn't going to revolve around Anne. Your mother told you to go, so go!"
"Oh, I'm gonna..." Debbie holds Ian back before he could hit Bob. Obviously, it doesn't.
"Your world might not, but ours does. Anne's medical conditions have her relying on us for so much more than you think." I just hang my head down. Wow. Didn't realize how much I put on everyone. Bob stays silent.
"Out," Monica says to break the silence.
"Go on, guys. I'll catch up." Lip says to Carl and me. We start to go out until Lip starts talking. Carl and I sit on the couch so we can hear. Ian and Debbie decide to head on to school.
"I don't care what the fucking DNA test says. You're not taking the twins." Dang, right they're not. We're staying put.
"We'll see about that."
"Yeah, we will."
"We having a problem, Phillip?!"
"I dunno... Bob! Let's see. You're camped out in my house, you're fucking my mother, you constantly talk shit about my baby sister, and you're talking about stealing my twin siblings. Why would we have a problem?"
"Boy, I will kick your..."
"Stop it!" Monica yells, breaking the two apart.
"Hey! And congratulations, Mom. You always knew how to pick 'em." He starts to walk away, but Monica grabs his arm.
"Lip! Lip! Lip! Please stop! Please! We haven't had a chance to talk."
"Don't worry about it." He says, not turning around. He notices us on the couch.
"No, I do. I... Oh, geez. I don't know where to start. How to explain. I worry about you. I think about you all the time. I miss you. There's so much I want to ask you. How's school? You were always so smart. My Lip. I know you can do anything. I'm so sorry I hurt you. Oh, look at me." He finally turns and looks at her.
"Next time you're thinking about dropping in, don't. You've fucked up our lives enough already." Yes, Lip! Someone finally said it! Lip comes into the living room and squats down so we are eye to eye.
"Sorry, you two saw that. Let's get you to school, okay?" We nod and I hold Lip's hand as we walk out the door.