I wont date a Southside boy. They come with daddy issues and probation officers

"Carl!" I hear Fiona yell as Hank, Carl, and I walk up the stairs.
"Hi, Little Hank." Debbie says.
"Hey, I want her out of the house now." Fiona says, pointing to Frank's room. What did he do this time?
"Seventy-five a week."
"What the hell did you do?" I ask as we walk towards Frank's room.
"Rented out Frank's room. Not like anyone was using it."
"We'll charge a buck a peek." Hank says. I roll my eyes.
"Ten if she's working." Carl responds, and I wack him on the head. Hank takes a drill and almost starts to drill a hole in the wall.
"Woah!" Fiona exclaims. "No peepholes." She takes the drill from Hank. "Anne, watch after these two? Please?" I nod. Fiona's phone rings, so she picks it up. Fiona walks away and Carl continues to try and make the peephole.
"Carl, stop it." I say, taking the tool out of his hands.
"My address is 291 Lakeshore drive." Fiona hangs up the phone.
"We don't live on Lakeshore drive." I point out.
"This guy is really fancy, Anne. Sometimes, you gotta tell a white lie to impress another person." I roll my eyes and head downstairs for breakfast. I've actually never lied to impress anyone. Sure, I keep my FA to myself, but that isn't what I would call lying.

Carl, Hank, and I walked down to Ian pouring Cheerios.
"We're out of milk. Bev wants breakfast." Carl explains, starting to take Ian's cereal.
"Oh, c'mon, what about all those housesitting jobs?" Ian asks Carl
"You got any Virginia Slims?" Carl asks Hank, ignoring Ian. Hank nods his head.
"Let's try the neighbors. If we get Bloody Mary mix, Bev promised she'd show us a tit."
"You two are disgusting." I say. Before we could walk out the door, Debbie pulls Carl and I by our shirts, dragging us away from the door. Hank decided to go on outside.
"Little Hank. What does he like? What's he into?" Debbie asks quickly. I don't see how she could have a crush on him. He's a perv.
"I don't know. Stuff. Why?" Carl asks.
"What stuff?"
"Knives, blunts, commandos, switchblades, butterflies."
"So, just think Carl." I answer. Debbie nods and Carl and I leave with Little Hank.

Later that afternoon, Carl and I head downstairs to get some ice for Bev. I sit at the island and Carl heads for the fridge. The backdoor opens, and in walks Frank.
"Ian." frank says, clearly getting his kids mixed up. "Come here, son. Daddy needs an alibi for a few months ago."
"Carl." Carl corrects. "And I can't. Bev said her moneymaker is on fire." We head back upstairs.
"Bev?" Frank questions. We pass by Lip on the way down.
"Careful. He needs an alibi." I point out. We give Bev her ice and head back into our room.
"Okay, now can I continue working on my online classes?"
"Just remember the barbecue is tonight. So don't do a lot of work today."
"I'll try not to."

After a while, I decide to call it quits on schoolwork for the day, and Carl and I decide to chill in the living room. After a while, we heard a knock at the door. We both decide to get up to answer it. Carl opens the door, and there stands an old man in a uniform.
"Money up front, no rough stuff." Carl says, talking about Bev.
"Are you here for Bev?" I ask politely.
"No, I'm here for your brother." The man says. Carl and I head toward the stairs, allowing the man to come in. We pass by Ian on the way down.
"Some army dude's here for you." We go back up to our room to start getting ready for the barbecue.

This was one of the more important barbecue's the south side has every year. It's the anniversary of when one of our neighbors killed her husband. She got 30 to life, but her kids didn't show up to school with bruises anymore. So, in the end, it all worked out okay.
Ian comes up a few minutes later, and just randomly starts doing push ups.
"I think you should wear something nice." Carl says to me.
"I always wear something nice. I'm the best dressed of all the Gallaghers."
"I mean, wear like, a skirt or something."
"And why on earth would I do that?"
"Never know who you're gonna meet."
"Carl, it's a south side barbecue. There is no way in hell I'm going to meet a boy who is up to my standards. I don't even know if I'm ready to be in a relationship. School comes first, and you know it."
"You know, Anne." Ian says from the floor, not stopping his push ups, "I had my first girlfriend at age 6."
"Ian, don't try to take Carl's side on this one. I refuse to date a Southside boy. They come with nothing but daddy issues and probation officers."
"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I start looking in my shirt drawer for a cute top.
"Oh nothing. Forget it." I decide on a baby blue crop top, with black jean shorts and my hand me down sneakers. Lip comes in, and they start talking about West Point. That's Ian's dream school. Turns out, the army guy didn't come for Ian. He came for Lip. One thing lead to another, and the two are fist fighting in the bathroom. I decided to ignore it this time. Fiona can deal with this one.

We head down to the barbecue and the first thing we see is a piñata in the shape of the woman's dead husband. Carl runs to it, and was able to break it in about 30 seconds. All of the teens and adults are drinking from the keg. I decide to take carl to get some food. Neither one of us had eaten much today, with Fiona being at that wedding. After we sit down, some older woman sits next to Carl.
"My dad killed a guy." He says, trying to impress her. She just takes another drag from her cigarette. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and turn around, ready to swing. Only to be met by one of the few faces I thought I would never see again.
"Hello, Anne."
"Gilbert!" Happy tears start to stream down my face as I hug him. "What are you doing back?"
"I decided to stay in Chicago. I realized that I'm never going to find someone as amazing as you, and when I told my parents, they said that I could come back." We let go of each other, and he notices the happy tears on my face.
"Wait, why are you crying?" He asks.
"I'm just super happy you're back." I laugh. "I missed you."
"I missed you too." Gilbert laughs.
"I told you to dress nice." Carl says.
"You were in on this?" I ask.
"Yeah, he told me like a week ago and to not tell you."
"Well, I truly was surprised." I say, chuckling. What a great way to end the day.