one.

I came into work that morning, completely exhausted. Dwight sat at his desk, typing away. I smiled at Pam. 

"Morning." I sighed, hanging up my jacket and sitting in my desk.

Pam looked at me, tilting her head to the side. "What's wrong?"

"Just.... everything." I rested my head against the cool desk, refusing to work. I was so tired, and I'm not even sure why. I went to sleep at a reasonable time, and I still feel like I haven't slept in ten billion years. I rested my chin on my hand and looked at Dwight. He pushed his glasses up, sniffing softly and continued to work. I smiled; his glasses were so dorky. 

I glanced at Pam and she had a mischievous little smirk. 

"What?" I mouthed.

She didn't reply, but kept glancing from me to Dwight. I raised an eyebrow, but she looked back at her computer and worked.

I wondered throughout the day, what was that little mischievous smirk? Maybe she was planning a prank on Dwight. Or me. I'm not quite sure. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

I walked into the break room and saw Dwight leaning up against the vending machine. 

"What's up, Dwight?" I asked, jingling the coins in my hand.

"Just deciding what to eat. This is all crap, you know. Who wants to eat this junk, anyway? Anyone who eats it is DISGUSTING." Dwight scoffed.

I never cared what Dwight thought. But when he said this, I put the coins back in my pocket, as if I didn't want him to know I was going to get something. Dwight pushed a button and then pulled out the bag of chips. He tossed them at me, and I quickly caught them. 

"I don't want that. I'm sure you would, though." Dwight left the break room. I stood there for a moment, a little confused by what just happened. 'im sure you would, though.' what did it mean? I waited a couple seconds and then went back to my desk. The day seemed to last forever. The sounds of typing and quiet conversations droned on and on, seeming as if it would never stop. Dwight's words ran through my head. What I was most confused about, was that I never cared what Dwight said. I always took him as some idiot who I sat next to, but never someone I cared about, or would consider a 'friend.' 

I was so confused. The day was long. I was tired. 'im sure it was just the sleepiness.' I convinced myself.

Well, I tried to convince myself.