five.

(btw there will be some jim x pam but don't worry it's still jim x dwight this is just part of the plot)

I woke up earlier than usual. I climbed out of bed, wincing at the cold floor. I threw on my t-shirt and sweats and went to make coffee. It was finally Saturday. 

I stood in the kitchen, waiting as the coffee maker rumbled out my coffee, staring blankly out of the window. The sun was just peeking up, casting a golden light over everything. I grabbed my cup and set it on the coffee table in front of my TV. I headed to get a blanket when I glanced at the diary. It was so goddamn tempting to just snatch it up and read it all.

It's probably all about farming, but I couldn't do that to Dwight. Invasion of privacy.

But then again... I couldn't stop imaging what he's written in there. 

I clutched it in my hands and headed back to the living room. I draped the blanket over myself and stared at the notebook for a long time. It was so tempting. My hands itched to snatch open that clasp and flip through the pages...

No. No Jim! I threw it down on the table and got up. I needed to distract myself. The only thing I thought of was to clean. So I did just that. I cleaned my apartment top to bottom. Laundry, vacuuming, dishes, dusting, you name it! This occupied me for about 4 hours. It was now 12 pm. I got dressed and hopped in my car with no idea where I was going. I kept driving straight to Panera. I hopped out and got in. Before I knew it I was ordering soup. For Dwight.

Still in a daze-like state I drove straight to Schrute Farms without another thought. 

I was almost mesmorized, doing whatever I thought to get my mind off the journal. I hopped out the car and nervously walked up to the house. I knocked and waited. I was shocked to see Angela standing there in pajamas with bed head.

She opened the door and her smile quickly faded. 

"Jim! What are you doing here?! I'm here because-- i--"

"I'm not gonna ask if you don't. I'm here to see Dwight."

"Fine. He's upstairs."

I trudged up the stairs, cheese n broccoli soup in hand. I knocked on his door before creaking it open.

"Dwight?"

"Jim?! Why are you here--" his voice was hoarse as he broke out coughing.

"I, uh, brought you some cheese n broccoli soup from Panera to make you feel better." I set it and a spoon on the nightstand.

"Oh um thank you.."

"I'll go now." I said after an awkward pause. I went out the door and drove around for a few hours, listening to the radio. Soon I knew I had to go home. I couldn't stall anymore... I just needed self control. I took my sweet time getting home. It was about 6:45 right now. Just in time for dinner. 

I made pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp. I sent Pam a pic to which she replied "mmm looks good! is there some for me?" And a smiley. I replied "you're welcome to come over anytime" "I accept ur offer! Be there in 10." She replied back.

I quickly tucked the journal, the photos and the box altogether under my bed covered by blankets.

10 minutes later, Pam promptly showed up at my door. 

I let her in and she sat down as I made her a plate. "Shouldn't you be eating with like Roy or something?" I asked.

" Well actually... We had a fight. A big one. I'm staying at my friends house but she needs me gone by tonight. I don't know where im gonna go."

"You can stay with me anytime."

"Can I stay tonight? Im gonna talk to Roy tomorrow and clear it up."

"Of course." I handed her the plate and we watched SNL while eating and chatting like normal.

"So what did you do today?"

"I cleaned everything and brought soup to Dwight because he's sick."

"That was nice."

"And guess who opened the door? Angela. In pajamas. With messy hair."

Pam gasped. "Oooo I love juicy gossip!" She squealed.

"It's not really gossip." I said with my mouth full of pasta.

She shrugged and took a sip of her water. "Same thing."

Once we were done, I carried our dishes to the kitchen and washed them off before putting them back into the cabinets. 

Pam was still sitting on the couch, her eyes fixed on the TV. She looked up when I walked back over.

"I didn't really pack anything before I stormed out... Do you have anything I can change into?" She asked shyly.

"Oh yeah of course. I'll go get something." I hurried to my room and dug through my closet until I found a shirt in the back of my closet that I hadn't worn forever. It was extremely thin and a light gray with 'University of Scranton' in bold black letters across it. I took it off the hanger and walked out to the living room and handed it to her. 

"Here. You can put it on in the bathroom." I tossed it to her and she got up and headed to the bathroom. 

I waited until she came out. I couldn't help but snap my head towards the bathroom once I heard the door opened. She stood there, her clothes balled up in one hand. The shirt was very long on her, considering our height difference. It was baggy and went to her mid-thigh. It was so thin, I could see her petite figure through the cloth. 

She smiled coyly and blushed as she stepped out into the light. 

"How do I look?" She asked.

I gulped. "You look fine. I'm gonna go change now." I headed to my room and grabbed my sweats and a black T-shirt.

I changed and came back and found her digging in to a bag of popcorn and starting up a movie. How long was I gone?

"What are we watching?" I asked, plopping next to her and grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Brokeback Mountain." She grinned widely. 

"Ugh." I pretended to vomit, causing a quiet giggle from her. "I'm gonna go get a blanket." I got up and headed to my room, grabbing a thick, fuzzy, large gray blanket and returned. 

She smiled and instantly snatched it from me, tossing it over both of us. 

I dimmed the lights and sat down as the movie began.

Pam cuddled up against me, her head on my shoulder. 

Halfway through the movie, she fell asleep. I waited a bit before turning off the TV and lifting her up, carrying her carefully to my room. She made quiet, soft sounds as she stirred softly in my arms. 

I peeled back the blankets and laid her down, folding the blankets back over her. I shut off the lights and stared for a moment before leaving the room and shutting the door.