two.

XX Dwight's pov XX

The next morning, Jim came in. He usually said good morning to me, or at least Pam. But today, nothing. He sat sadly in his seat, staring blankly at his dark computer screen. 

"You have to turn it ON, idiot." I scoffed at him. Jim continued to stare at it, as if something fascinating was on it. What was it? I waited and waited, before snatching his screen and staring at it. Nothing. All black. I quickly threw it back on Jim's desk. He laughed and turned it on, going to the kitchen to make coffee.

I sighed. The 'Jim' is a wild species. You never know what it's next move will be. You must always be prepared, though. I have learned. 

After a bit, Jim returned, holding my mug as well as his.

"Here, Dwight. Made you some coffee." He set it down on my desk.

I stared at it, trying to figure out what he did to it. I was skeptical. This was probably another prank. I grabbed the cup and dumped the steaming, hot liquid into the trash can by my desk.

"You won't get me this time, Jim! Never again. I am stronger, smarter, and prepared to KICK YOUR ASS!" I stood up, holding a dominant pose as everyone looked at me for a second, and went back to work. We have already established that I am the dominant one in the relationship--Uh, not that there is a relationship! There never will be. I HATE JIM! 

Crazy thoughts raced through my brain. Relationship? Jim? Being in a relationship? With Jim? God, thinking about this made my head hurt. I went to the bathroom, splashing cool, refreshing water onto my red, hot face. I was flustered by these thoughts. I would NEVER in a million years, want to be with Jim! He's dorky. And weird. And tall. And skinny. And funny. And smart.. and cute... NO DWIGHT! GOD DAMN IT! 

I screamed at myself in the mirror. 

"Stop, Dwight! Stop! Jim is your nemesis!" I slapped myself a few times, dried my hands and face, and returned to my desk. I held my head high, trying not to look at Jim. 

I tried to figure out why I was being weird and thinking crazy thoughts. I know. I needed coffee. I made my hot, steaming coffee and returned to my desk, taking a huge gulp of the burning liquid. Ahh. Perfect. 

I tried to work, but I couldn't forget those thoughts. They haunted me. No, I hate Jim. He's stupid and lame. And an IDIOT! He sucks. No one would ever want him. EVER. Least of all, me! Jim is also ugly. Yes, that's the attitude! 

I silently applauded myself. I didn't love Jim. I would never! It was hardly a crush. Not even a crush. Just a slip-up. Yes, a slip-up! Exactly!

I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim.I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim.I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim. I don't love Jim.

I love Jim.