1 recalling Old Memories

I ran towards mom crying. "Mom..."."what happened sweetie?" my mom took my hand and made me sit in her lap.. She looked worried. "what happened sweetie? You never cried like this!". She was right. I never cried. Really.. I'm just a 8 years old... What kind of worries could possibly make me cry ?Well... I'm black belt at karate.. I can play piano.. Good at studying.. I look alright I guess.. Never had any enemies.. Until today.
" mom.. I hate boys". Poor mom she doesn't know what to say to that so.. She asked "why sweetie?". "today a boy came to me and gave me a flower." mom smiled. "don't smile yet... He gave me flower but I know my friend Sam doesn't want me to take flower from him so.. I said I Don't like flowers.. Then he started saying..'you should be glad I gave you this flower.. No one can like a girl like you who fights.. I'm just giving this flower out of pity.... ' and everyone started laughing at me ". Mom wiped my tears away and said" oh sweetheart.. That's it? And you started crying? Don't take their words seriously... Just ignore them.. And again.. Who said that you are just a girl? You are a special princess.. One day there will be a Prince.. WHO WILL LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE ". I stopped crying and asked mom about my Prince. She showed me the book in her hand...it says CINDERILLA. the book is in blue color.. Gold coloured title and with gold coloured flower pattern around it like a frame.. And a silver pen which is attached to the back of book. I asked "what is it?" she said "it's a book that your grandmother gave me". I opened it and only 2 pages of it were filled and others are empty. "mom... Isn't this a cinderilla story book?" "no and yes." "huh?" mom smiled gently and said that "this book is not a normal fairy tale book.. It's special.. Just like you." I was silently listening to her.. "this book helps you to find your Prince charming.. Just like how I found your father. This book was mine but now its yours. You have to fill the blank pages with the magical words on your 16th birthday." "why can't now? I remember cinderilla story."mom said" I know you remember cinderilla story my dear Cindy but in this book... You have to be the cinderilla". "Aww.. Come on mom... I can't.. How do you expect me to change who I am... We both are exact opposites". "I'm not telling you to change sweetie.. You just have to be yourself,..then the Prince himself will come and find you .. Anyway just don't open this book till your 16th birthday..on that day you will know what to do so.. Come let's go.. Your dad is here".
And I woke up from sleep..
Hi guys.. I'm Cindy.. Oh and don't get confused.. That's not a dream.. It's just a memory with my mom I cherish whole heartedly.
I'm 15 years old.. Tomorrow I will turn 16. That's why maybe I keep remembering what my mom told me 8 years ago. I gave a look to the book and said "finally I can open you". I lost my mom 6 years ago from that day on it was so hard to not open this book. Hey.. Even though I lost my mom I have my dad. He never thought about marriage after losing mom. I really respect him.. His love for mom is undying.
I wish I could find the one who can love me for who I am.
Sure now also I hate boys but never stopped wishing for that one boy I can never hate even if I wanted to ... I never dated one boy in these past 8 years..
There were boys who confessed to me and got rejected right away.. Cause I know even if they like me.. they don't love me.
For me... I think there is a huge difference between like and love.. I only want to say 'I love you' to the person I truly love... If I say I love you.. It has to be the one I want to spend rest of my life with.