Chapter four - Preparation

Warnings: none.

Avery's P.O.V

It's Saturday afternoon and I am tucked up in bed scrolling through different apps on my phone. Although my tranquil moments in bed were cut short by Ellie banging on the door to my bedroom "Avery, come on" I hear her yell from the other side of the door "what?" I asked confused to what she meant "I'm going to take you shopping for your dress" Ellie replies, "what dress?" I ask sitting up in my bed, "the dress for your work's charity ball" she explains.

"Argh, don't remind me" I groan laying back down, "you can show Mr. hottie what he is missing" she says laughing. "I have plans today" I yell back as I continue to scroll through my phone "staying in bed doesn't count as 'plans'" she replies "if you don't unlock your door and come with me, I will break the door and drag you to the shop if I have to" she adds, "fine but you're buying me lunch" I say getting out of bed to get changed.

After getting to the mall and being much happier after Ellie bought us lunch we head off to find myself and Ellie a dress. I walk through the store feeling all the different kinds of fabrics against my fingers as I go through the options, "what style do you think you'll get?" Ellie asks from behind me "I'm not sure yet, something that isn't too over the top, yet still elegant enough for the event" I say "you?" I ask "I think I want a black dress with small details maybe" she explains.

I find three options and go find Ellie to see if she had any dresses picked out, once I find her on the other side of the store holding two dresses we go to the dressing rooms. We go into separate rooms from across each other, I try on the first dress which is a teal dress that stops mid-calf, it's a flattering style and I like it but just not on me.

"Any luck?" I hear Ellie ask from her dressing room "it's a nice dress but not for me, you?" I reply "nope, god why did I pick this one" I hear her reply with a laugh causing me to also giggle. I take the dress off and try my second option which was a red dress that went down to the floor, I turn my face up as I look at my reflection in the mirror feeling the scratchy fabric against my skin "another no" I say to Ellie.

"Tell me when you're finished, I think I found my dress" I hear her reply, I then try on the third dress and immediately know that this is the one I will wear, it's a soft pink dress that goes to the floor, it has a small beaded belt and a love heart neckline.

(Avery's dress here - picture not mine, credit to the owner)

"okay I'm done" I say turning around to show Ellie. Ellie walks out the same time wearing a black lace dress that goes to the floor and has long sleeves. "Ellie, you look stunning!" I say as I see her.

(Ellie's dress here - picture not mine, credit to the owner)

"Have you looked at yourself! You're gorgeous, Mr. Hottie won't know what hit him" she says with a laugh causing me to playfully roll my eyes "but for real, who cares what he thinks – you look great" she adds.

"Thank you, so do you and look it has pockets!" I saw showing her the pockets on both sides of the dress "dammit I want pockets" Ellie replies with a laugh, we then head back into the change rooms and go to the front of the store to pay.

It's now around eight o'clock and Ellie and myself are sitting on the couch watching tv and talking. "So, how are things with you and James going?" I ask Ellie "yeah still good, his families lake house was so fun – we are both getting more serious now which I'm happy about" she explains, just as I'm about to reply my phone starts to ring. The contact is a number I don't seem to recognise "who is it?" Ellie asks out of curiosity "I'm not sure, should I answer?" I say thinking out loud "maybe leave it, if it's important they will ring back" she replies.

"Good idea" I say putting the phone back down beside me and turn to face the television. The ringing soon stops but after a minute or two it starts up again, I pick up my phone and see that it's the same number, I click the answer button and bring the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I say into the phone "Avery, I have some questions about what we talked about" the unknown caller says, I look at Ellie and see her mouth "who is it?" I reply by shrugging my shoulders and ask "um who is this?", "It's Tom, Tom Hiddleston" he replies.

"Oh" I reply not knowing what to say, I mouth to Ellie saying "It's Tom" she replies by saying "maybe it's a sex call". "Ellie!" I whisper shout at her afraid that Tom heard her, "pardon?" I hear Tom ask through the phone "oh sorry, I was talking to my roommate, what were your questions?" I ask standing up and going into the kitchen "I was thinking about if we could meet up and discuss potential designs for my company" he explains through the phone.

"Oh okay, I'm sure if you call Meryl she will organise a meeting in the next week or two" I say. "I am a busy man, as you may have heard and my next two weeks are full – are you free tomorrow?" Tom asks, "I'd have to check but my office is closed tomorrow" I explain "we can have a meeting in my office at Hiddleston Towers, however my employees won't be there except our receptionist" Tom explains "Okay, I will just check my calendar – one second" I say placing the phone down and going to Ellie.

"Please tell me we have plans tomorrow" I say "James is taking me to lunch if that counts, why?" Ellie asks. "Tom wants me to go to his office to have a meeting tomorrow, he says he can open Hiddleston Towers for it" I explain, "sorry babe, no plans" she says, "thanks anyway" I say then head back into the kitchen and pick up my phone.

"Tomorrow works for me, what time?" I ask, "let's say three, I hate meetings in the morning" Tom says. "Okay sure thing, see you then" I say "oh and Avery" I hear Tom say "yes" I ask "you can tell your roommate my intentions for this call were primarily business" he says leaving me lost for words, "I will see you tomorrow" Tom adds then ends the call.

Authors note: Double update! Hope you're enjoying CEO so far! let me know what you think xx