Chapter twenty-three - Our big day

Warnings: None.

Avery's P.O.V

It has been six months since Tom and I got engaged and since then we both have been busy planning our wedding. After what felt like years, the day has finally come, the day we officially become husband and wife and I couldn't be more excited, however I am nervous but it's the more exciting kind of nerves when you just can't wait.

I am currently in the 'brides' room at our wedding venue getting ready with my mum, Tom's mum, Tom's sister and Ellie. I am getting the final touches to my hair and makeup as Charlotte and Ellie get changed into their bridesmaid dresses, Ellie is my maid of honour and charlotte is my other bridesmaid "oh my gosh you girls look beautiful!" I say once they walk back into the room wearing the bridesmaid dresses we all decided on.

The dress is a soft pink which is floor length with a slit up the side, "thanks Ave, or Mrs. Hiddleston" Ellie says giggling. My mum and Tom's mum then take photos of the girls as 'they look too beautiful not to', as they have their little photoshoot I go and get changed into my wedding dress with the help of my mum as she finished taking the photos she wanted. We are now in the bathroom as she buttons up the back of my dress "you look absolutely stunning dear; I can't believe you're getting married!" she says as I see her eyes begin to water from the reflection in the mirror "aw mum don't cry" I say with a small smile "don't worry, they're tears of joy – seeing you and Tom so happy, I'm glad you found each other" she says blinking the tears away "so am I" I say smiling.

We then head back into the room once I am fully dressed, "whoa!" I hear Charlotte say as we enter the room. "Avery you look stunning!" Ellie says "like a princess" Elizabeth says "thank you girls" I say doing a little twirl whilst giggling, there is a knock on the door and our photographer comes in to let us know it's time, my mum and Tom's mum head off first after we get a couple of photos taken and they go to sit with our other family and friends.

Our photographer then takes a couple of photos of me and the girls and then solo photos of us all. The photographer then leaves so she can set up in the venue, just as she leaves I hear the music begin "okay this is it!" I say squealing of excitement "okay babe, just don't trip when you walk out" Ellie says laughing "thanks for the advice" I say laughing too, she then hugs me goodbye and walks her way to the venue. "Welcome to the family sis" Charlotte says smiling then also hugging me goodbye as it's now her turn to walk, my dad then makes his way into the room "my little girl all grown up" he says as his eyes water just like my mum "dad don't cry! You're meant to be happy" I say giggling "okay okay, shall we?" he says holding out his arm "we shall" I say smiling.

We then walk out of the room and wait for the song to start signalling when it's time for us to walk, soon enough I hear the piano begin. Everyone soon stands and we then begin the short walk down the aisle, I look up and see Tom standing at the end looking very handsome as usual, once we make eye contact a smile appears on his face, he then sends me a wink which causes me to giggle.

I then get to the end of the aisle and Tom gently holds my hand as we take a few steps to where we are meant to stand. "You look breathtaking" he whispers to me "so do you" I say smiling, the officiant then begins the wedding and starts the ceremony which consists of the speech that he does but after a short time it's now time for the vows, Tom is the first to say his vows;

"My Avery, when I hold your face in my hands or the feeling of holding your hand softly in mine, I know this is the place I am meant to be, this is the person with whom I am meant to share my life with, from this day forward, I will look to each day with the joy of knowing that my tomorrow includes you. I take you to be my wife, to be my best friend and to stand side-by-side, hand in hand, and heart to heart" Tom says as he holds my hands.

During his vows, I feel my eyes slightly water, "now for the bride's vows" the officiant says. "Tom, you are the first person I want to see in the morning and the last at night. I look forward to loving the smallest moments, you're my heart, my home, my joy, my dream of happiness, you're my wish come true. It's unbelievable that I get the chance to promise myself to the person I consider my greatest friend and loving ally in all things, I love you and will cherish you for all time" I say.

"The rings" the officiant says, we then do the little speech about the rings as we place them on each other's finger. "I now announce you husband and wife, you man now kiss the bride" the officiant says, Tom softly caresses my cheek with one hand as the other rests on my waist pulling me in for a kiss, as we kiss everyone begins to clap for us, we soon pull away from each other "I love you so much" Tom says.

"I love you more" I say smiling up at Tom.

-

After a long night of celebrations after our wedding we finally arrive to our new home. Since we got engaged I have moved into Tom's house which worked well for Ellie since James moved into our old apartment but we both decided to start a new chapter by buying our first home, together and what better night to have our first night in our new home then our wedding day – however we already moved all our belongings into the house.

We step out of the car together, and walk our way up to our new home, hand in hand. Tom then unlocks the door, as I'm about to walk into the house I am stopped by Tom holding my wrist "hang on a second, I am meant to carry you into our home now that we are officially husband and wife" he says smiling which causes me to giggle. Tom then picks me up bridal style and carries me through the doorway, kicking the door closed behind him – he then puts me down wrapping his arms around my waist as mine make their way up behind his neck, Tom kisses my cheek as he pulls me close, he then nuzzles into my neck whispering "I love you".

"I love you" I breathed.

// THE END //