Chapter ten - First week and drunken words

Warnings: Sexual content is in this chapter - I have put an * before the specific part.

Avery's P.O.V

It's now Monday which means it's my first day working at Hiddleston Towers. I walk through the front doors of the amazing building and can't believe this is where I work, I go to the receptionist and see the same rude lady that was sitting there the last time I was here "hello, I am meant to see Mr. Hiddleston" I explain "oh you again, sure let me call him" she says, well at least she wasn't as rude as last time. After a few short moments Tom comes out from the elevator and walks over, "morning" he says to the receptionist, "let's go shall we" he says "sure" I reply as we head to the elevator, the doors open and it's just us, Tom presses the top floor "are you excited?" Tom asks on our way up "I am actually, nervous though" I say "why?" he asks.

"Just first day jitters I guess, I want to make sure I do good work" I explain, "you don't have to worry, you've already shown your great work" he says facing me with a small smile. "Thank you" I say as the elevator doors open, we begin to walk through the top level, "so your office is two rooms before mine" he explains as we make our way down the hall, I see the two doors that lead to his office and we stop two rooms before his "wow it says my name" I say in excitement as I read my name across the doors to my office.

"Oops sorry" I say realising that I probably over reacted, Tom smiles down at me and opens the door to my new office. "Oh my gosh, this is amazing" I say as we walk in, my office is quite big – much bigger then the small room I had at R&R's and the view from the window is beautiful, "like it?" Tom asks "like it? I love it, it's stunning" I say in awe as I look at the room. "Well I have a meeting in five minutes, I got our tech guy to send you everything on your computer and stuff like when you can take breaks – so I will leave you to it and have a good first day" he says with a smile "thank you very much" I say as he leaves and closes the door.

Once his gone I do an excited squeal as I realise this is now my job.

-

When I say the excitement, I felt on the first day vanished in the next hour - I mean it. It's now Friday and I already dread going to work even though it's my first week, everyone here is so rude and stuck up except one guy – Terry but he works part time and on a different level, he just comes up on his breaks, I also haven't seen Tom at all this week which was a bit weird since he is the only other person I know. I miss working at R&R's which surprised me but it's familiar and I knew everyone, yes I didn't get along with all of them but we at least had enough respect to be nice whenever we saw each other, here everyone glares at me and talks to me in such a rude way.

I asked someone where the printer was the other day and all I got where blank stares as they rolled their eyes and left. I text Ellie as I sit in my office during my break, I don't sit in the break rooms because everyone is so judgemental and no one lets you sit with them – it's like high school cliques all over again, luckily my office is beautiful which is a bonus. "Avery: Hating work life, want to go out to the bar down the road from Hiddleston Towers after work?" I text Ellie, I soon get a reply "Ellie: yes, please!! Send me the address and I will meet you there" I say thank you and send her the address, unfortunately my break ends and it's back to work.

-

It's now six in the afternoon and I'm still at work, I stayed back to finish up all the documents I had to fill out. After a couple of minutes, I finish up and leave my office, as I close my office door I see light from Tom's office signalling that he is still in there working, I go to the elevator and walk to the bar down the road. I find a booth at the back of the bar and order myself and Ellie a drink since I know her order I thought it would be nicer to order it with mine then make her wait. I scroll through my phone as I wait for Ellie to arrive, the waiter comes and places the drinks on the table, I place my phone down and say thank you before I take a sip, my phone buzzes and I see the new notification "Ellie: Hey Ave, so sorry but my boss kept me back tonight!! I won't be able to come for drinks" I sigh and text back saying it's okay but now I'm alone in a bar on a Friday night, rest my head in my hand as I take another sip from my drink.