New Friends

Jay's POV

My vison was dark and cloudy. My head ached as I felt myself shaking it side to side. As I swallowed I could feel the cold, thick, blood going into my throat. I opened my eyes with a slight blur of orange and red in front of me. 

"Well look who's up" A familiar voice spoke. As my vision started to be clear I could see a teenage boy with brown spikey hair, a scar over his eye, and a red jacket. Right next to him was a women with long red hair tied up in a low ponytail and a dirty white apron around her waist. 

"K-kai?" I croaked a little confused. 

The spikey head kid smiled, "Hey Jay, how are you feeling ?" Kai asked me. 

I sat up from what looks like a wooden table and said, "A little headache, but I'm fine as it is. Why are you here though?" 

Kai sighed, "Skylor called me saying that she found you at the back of her shop past out and asked to check it out" He responded. 

"Who's Skylor?" I asked. 

The redhead giggled, "That would be me. Kai here has been telling me about you ever since you transferred. And once I saw you back there I knew it was you after what the guy said that beat you up" Skylor replied. 

I looked at her confused, "Wait. How do you know about the threats?" I asked her getting Kai's attention. 

"Are you getting threats like stay away from someone or else something bad happens or some crap" Kai questioned getting more serious. 

I nodded, "Who did he say you need to stay away from?" Skylor asked. 

I lowered down my head in shame, "Nya" I murmured ever so quietly, but both of them heard what I have said. 

I could hear Kai growling with venom, "Again" was all he said.

 My eyes widened in shock, "AGAIN?!? You mean this has happened before?!?" I freaked out. I could've sworn Kai's hair was smoking, but that just might be my imagination. 

"It happen a while ago with this dude called Shade, but after a couple months of having a crush on my sister he disappeared. He got expelled for STALKING a student, and apparently that was Nya's and I's apartment" Kai explained to me.

 "Do you know who ratted him out?" I questioned.

 Skylor shook her head, "You have the same guess as us. No one knows who did it, or who threated him into it, but he's gone and is never coming back" She said crossing her arms in front of her chest. 

I looked around the room and looked out the window to see that it was past dark and my mind went completely blank, "What time is it?" I stuttered with fear in my voice. 

Kai looked down at his phone and responded, "8:00. And before you freak out I called your parents and told them you would be staying over at my apartment for the night since it is the week end."

I sighed in relief and then realized who else would be there, "Is Nya going to be there?" I asked with a small grin.

 He nodded, "Yeah, lets get over to the house before she kills us for leaving her at the school" He told ,e as he helped me up from the table. We started to head out the door before Kai went back to Skylor and whispered something in her ear making her giggle. 

Kai came back over to me and we hopped inside his red car and lets just say I had many questions for the teen, "Are you and Skylor a thing?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. As he was turning on the car I could see a slight blush coming upon his cheeks, "You don't have to tell me. I think I have my answer."

The drive was about 30 minutes or so and he parked right outside a small building with few windows and only one door, but sitting on the front porch was what looks like Nya in the worst possible mood I could ever imagine. I could hear Kai cursing under his breath and jumped out of the car over to his sister. I followed right after him to see the chaotic siblings arguing like always.

"You gave me the wrong key you idiot!" Nya yelled at her taller sibling. 

Kai held his hands up in protest, "I wasn't the one who grabbed the wrong key bag." 

"You grabbed the bag first!"

The argument lasted a while until Kai surrendered to his sister and unlocked the door and entered the apartment. I walked inside to see not much furniture, but enough to support the siblings. I just wondered where their parents were?

All three of us plopped down on the couched in complete silence. It wasn't until I asked, "Where's your parents" It became very clear that that wasn't the right thing to say.......